Official SMF September 2010 Throwdown

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sumosmoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 29, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, FL
138d6020_Sept_Memorial_Throwdown_Update.jpg

In honor of our beloved friend, and SMF member, RonP - the September TD will be a tribute to his love of Yoshida's

This month's code word is: RonP

WIKI with Official SMF Rules

Anything goes - as long as Yoshida's is used. If Yoshida's is not available in your area, please send BMudd14474 a PM and he might be able to help out.

***PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE IN THE ENTRY DUE DATE***

Entries are due to Sumosmoke by 11:59pm EST - 9/26/10

Last edited:
Great Idea. Ron would be proud. To bad I can't get Yoshida's around here.
Let me know if you want to do the throwdown. I can get you a bottle of yoshida's just pm me your address

Laurel, what a great tribute to Ron, by doing a Yoshida throwdown in his memory. I'm going to get in on this one, I've been saving a bottle of Yoshida's for a special occasion. The time has come to use it. What a great tribute, thank you for being so thoughtful and considerate.Rich

I'm a newbie just today so have a coupla' questions: Is the monthly throwdown just for Braggin' rights? What is the monthly code word for? Where do I get information about the secret handshake?

I'm a newbie just today so have a coupla' questions: Is the monthly throwdown just for Braggin' rights? What is the monthly code word for? Where do I get information about the secret handshake?
There are prizes for the winner or viewer choice and judges choice. Code word is so that we know it was made in the month of the throwdown. At the beginning of this thread there is a like to the rules and all and this is where the secret handshake is at

I think I am going to get in on this one and in Rons honer use the MES instead of the UDS.

icon_cool.gif

Now that's a GREAT idea there Laurel.
points.gif
To Ron and that Yoshidas sauce

I have never entered a throwdown . But this one i have to do .

Got the hamster running full speed to get the wheels turning for ideas.

hmmm, I like the idea, but have no clue what yoshida's is or what can be done with it.
For those of you unfamiliar with Yoshida's here is a link to their website. 

http://www.mryoshidas.com/

You can find Yoshida's at Sam's Club and Costco also some grocery stores carry it... Walmart probably does also since it is sold in Sam's Clubs.

I'll check Wal Mart for it, Sam's and Costco are a bit of a drive for me.  Hope Wally World has it sounds good, specially the garlic one.

Here in the KC area the Sam's Clubs that show having it IN STOCK:

5110 N. OAK TRAFFICWAY
KANSAS CITY ,MO 64118
Club # 8207

8300 WEST 135TH STREET
OVERLAND PARK ,KS 66213
Club # 4707

These show as being OUT OF STOCK:

12200 W. 95TH ST.
LENEXA ,KS 66215
Club # 8208

12420 S. 71 HWY.
GRANDVIEW (K.C.) ,MO 64030
Club # 8243

4100 Bolger Drive
Independence ,MO 64055
Club # 8293

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky