• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Official SMF September 2010 Throwdown

sumosmoke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 29, 2007
Entry deadline update (think that's big 'nuff?
)

It would only be appropriate to announce the winner of this honorary TD, on Ron's birthday 10/3/10. To ensure proper time is allowed for voting, please note the change in the entry deadline date.

The entry deadline date is by midnight (EST) - 9/26/2010 (PM entries to Sumosmoke)

Last edited:

deannc

Master of the Pit
Joined Jun 13, 2010
I rummaged through the shelves today at a local wal mart and I'm going to hit Sam's Club up this week and see if they have it in my area.

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007
It may be a wild shot but if anyone has an Asian or Japanese Market you might try there... Just a Thought...

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
If anyone needs me to pick some up at Costco and send to them I will be happy to do that - just send me a PM and we can make the arrangements

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
If anyone needs me to pick some up at Costco and send to them I will be happy to do that - just send me a PM and we can make the arrangements
same here, I am going to join costco sat so if yo are east coast PM me

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
same here

sumosmoke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 29, 2007
The weekend is fast approaching. Hope to receive some entries for the Sept TD!

ecto1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 22, 2010
I got all my stuff but with a brisket planned for this weekend I am thinking next weekend.

deannc

Master of the Pit
Joined Jun 13, 2010
Bump this back up with my happy find of a 64 oz bottle Yoshida's, Original Gourmet, at Sam's Club this afternoon after work!  Huge bottle for $6.58!  Flying out to Texas in the morning for a three day work trip and will have plenty of time sitting around the hotel room coming up with a plan for when I return the end of the week!  

bcfishman

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 2, 2008
To a great man who loved to cook.

Ron tried to smoke anything and everything he ate.

I know the last couple years were tough on him.

I'll be looking for some Yoshidas for sure.

This would make him happy.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Bump

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
Oh wow, I have ten days to muster up the energy (been REALLY sick lately) to get this done. I so want to do this for Ron. He was so special to me even though I didn't know him as well as most of you guys. He sent me the sweetest message when I was sick a little while back. I have some pretty off the wall ideas too! Hehehe. Rest in peace my friend, you're gonna help me start a side-of-the-road, umm I mean cloud,  kinda place in heaven and Yoshido's will be our secret ingredient!!!

It does amaze me that someone you've never met in person, or even talked to on the phone could touch you in such a special, deep, true sorta way. That's how I feel about Ron.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Oh wow, I have ten days to muster up the energy (been REALLY sick lately) to get this done. I so want to do this for Ron. He was so special to me even though I didn't know him as well as most of you guys. He sent me the sweetest message when I was sick a little while back. I have some pretty off the wall ideas too! Hehehe. Rest in peace my friend, you're gonna help me start a side-of-the-road, umm I mean cloud,  kinda place in heaven and Yoshido's will be our secret ingredient!!!

It does amaze me that someone you've never met in person, or even talked to on the phone could touch you in such a special, deep, true sorta way. That's how I feel about Ron.
You should have seen the Rukus when he was banned!  Yes, RonP is a great member. I hope your feeling better and looking forward to your kick butt entry, Squirrel Style.

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007

Let me guess, Yoshida basted Rack of Squirrel Ribs with Chipotle...

olecrosseyes

Smoking Fanatic
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jul 16, 2007
WOW!!

I've been away for a bit, picked up a Pork Loin I'm going to French for the smoker and after this post for the Sept Throw Down heading,,    about got me choked up!

Now to browse and see whats up for Sunday.

Nope not tonight.
 See you all tomorrow. Good night.

Denny O

RIP! Buddy!!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.