• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Official SMF September 2010 Throwdown

que-ball

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 11, 2009
Great throwdown idea this month, BeerBQ and sumosmoke!

Last edited:

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 16, 2009
I'm in.. What a great way to do my first throwdown. I might just marinate my cell phone in Yoshidas and smoke it!

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
 A entry in the T-Down would be an honor to RonP. Personally I don't agree on a winner for this one. No judges poll or members poll, just show a entry. That's just my personal feelings, just one big buffet in honor.  

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 16, 2009
 A entry in the T-Down would be an honor to RonP. Personally I don't agree on a winner for this one. No judges poll or members poll, just show a entry. That's just my personal feelings, just one big buffet in honor.
 I could not agree more.. Chalk this month up to Ron, in his honor...

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007
I would not have a problem with that... Then even then Judges could post something.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
I would not have a problem with that... Then even then Judges could post something.
A judge can enter any contest all they have to do is tell us ahead of time so a mod or admin can take their spot judging that month it has been done before

shooterrick

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jan 13, 2008
Great tribute Laurel!  I am so booked with new grandson trip and the like I probably wont make the throwdown but It is a lovely sentiment. 

dforbes

Meat Mopper
Joined Feb 18, 2008
I have been having computer problems this week, and although I have used my wifes computer to check in, I have not read as many posts as I usually do. I missed the post of Ron's passing. He always offered a lot to the site and I will miss him dearly. I think this tribute is a great idea. The people on this site never cease to amaze me, it is truely an extended family. My thoughts and prayers go out to Rons family.

lowandslow

Joined Jul 1, 2010
I love Yoshida's. I use it quite a bit. I have some meat marinating in it now for tomorrow. I get mine at costco  and it's costco sized. I have also seen it at Winco. I think I will have to get in on this throwdown. If someone can't find it around let me know and I will be glad to help 

John

ecto1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 22, 2010
I just picked up some Yoshida's and have a great idea.  SAMS size bottle so it is big.

lugnutz

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 17, 2010
Meateater was it in with the bbq sauces?  I wouldn't even know  where to begin to look..maybe by the steak and worchestersire sauce?

lowandslow

Joined Jul 1, 2010
Meateater was it in with the bbq sauces?  I wouldn't even know  where to begin to look..maybe by the steak and worchestersire sauce?
I know at Wal-Mart and Winco here it's in the asian/oriental section. Hope this helps.

John

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
It was with the marinades and bbq sauces. They only had the original.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.