Burger Brawl Throwdown Revisited

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Ladies and gentlemen, I'm not trying to be difficult here but please read the rules for submitting entries prior to sending them. Honestly, it's not difficult :emoji_laughing: Thus far every entry I've received has been submitted incorrectly. I won't go into the who or what for obvious reasons, not the least of which is that the entries are amazing!! They just need to be submitted in the proper manner please. Here is the link to the official Burger Brawl thread, which includes the TD rules:

Some important bullet points here:

-All entries must be submitted to me via Private Message (PM) so that I can keep them separated.

-All entries must include the code word "Brawl" in the picture.

-All entries must include a brief description of your entry, not a multi-line narrative. That leaves me to paraphrase it and I might leave out something in the title that's a highlight to you.

-Send one picture only, not a collage. That leaves me to figure out which picture to post and it may not be the one you want to see highlighted when the voting starts.

I think I can sort out the ones I've already gotten and make sense of them but it's going to require additional time and work. Something tells me that there are gonna be a LOT more entries coming soon and I won't have time to follow up with people to ensure their entry is posted the way they want it posted. Please help me help you :emoji_wink:

Thanks everybody!!

Robert

Sir
I do not envy your position. First I sent you 1 pic without the word brawl. You sent me back a PM informing me of my error.
So I created a whole new burger the likes of which has never been seen before and I sent you several pics of it's creation as it came to fruition. All included the word brawl.

I tried to send a description with the picture montage but your pm box kept telling me I had too many characters in my description so I sent you a second PM with only the description.

I am sorry to add to your confusion. I would suggest you pour a bit of bourbon to help assess entries and make your life more enjoyable. It helps. :)
Happy Monday

Reactions: JLeonard
So I created a whole new burger the likes of which has never been seen before and I sent you several pics of it's creation as it came to fruition
Yes sir you did!! That is one amazing entry.
All included the word brawl.
Yep and thank you.
I tried to send a description with the picture montage but your pm box kept telling me I had too many characters in my description so I sent you a second PM with only the description.
That's odd. Are you referencing trying to put the description in the subject box? If it's in the body of the PM you should be able to send pretty much anything, but I could see a limit to the number of characters in the subject line. Your last submission was actually sent as a profile post as opposed to a PM, which another entry was also sent this way. I've never used the profile posts and know nothing about how they work. On my end it looks like a chat conversation where I'm seeing yours and the other one all together in one string. I don't know if you can see his and he can see yours or not. To be honest, that is my biggest concern: you'll know what he submitted and he'll know what you submitted.
I am sorry to add to your confusion
No problem at all. It was a great learning experience being that this is my first time doing this....and I'm a bit intimidated with it :emoji_wink:
I would suggest you pour a bit of bourbon to help assess entries and make your life more enjoyable. It helps. :)
It's a bit early for that right now but last night....and perhaps this evening....I did exactly as the doctor recommended :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Please read the rules and follow them as stated. If not followed it could lead to disqualification... we don't want any of your time and effort to be lost because of it.

In case some don't know how or where it is... the PM or private message is the letter icon in upper right. Click on it, click start conversation, type in who it's to... as you are typing Robert's name, tx smoker tx smoker should pop up. Then fill in subject line and enter the rest of your info in content box.
Do not use profile posts. As for being new... not a problem, we were all newbies here at one point or another! Most importantly... enjoy yourself and have fun!

Ryan

Last edited:
as you are typing Robert's name, tx smoker tx smoker should pop up.
One critical thing to note: make sure to have the space between tx and smoker. There is another member using the same username without the space and he probably wouldn't have a clue what you were sending him or why...plus I wouldn't get it to showcase when the voting starts :emoji_wink:

Robert

Yeah, the confusion begins when someone looking for a 'PM' link doesn't see one. Instead it's called "start conversation". TulsaJeff TulsaJeff , could this be fixed i.e. to PM or Private Message?

Another weekend is fast approaching. Let's get those creative juices flowing.

1681824010013.png

1681824052448.png

Link to the throw down thread:

Last edited:
If I recreate this do I have a chance!?!?!?
Mercy that looks good!

Jim
If you build it votes will come. Everyone who enters has a chance.

Since I can't enter. I'm just trying to get folks to think outside the box. That burger consists of a half pound of bacon, two slices of cheddar, and 3/4 of a pound of beef. It's a mouthful for sure.

Chris

• Love
If you build it votes will come. Everyone who enters has a chance.

Since I can't enter. I'm just trying to get folks to think outside the box. That burger consists of a half pound of bacon, two slices of cheddar, and 3/4 of a pound of beef. It's a mouthful for sure.

Chris
Already got me a plan. Just hope it turns out the way I want it too.

Jim

Bumping for the last weekend. Lets get those burgers turned in.

Chris

Reactions: DougE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky