• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Official SMF September 2010 Throwdown

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Talk about waiting until the last minute!
 I have my ingredients and I hope to put it all together tomorrow or Sunday. The only Yoshida's I could find was at Sam's and it is the original. I do love this stuff. No wonder Ron was the Yoshida's guy. I sure hope he is watching all of us who are using his fave. I miss you Ron and I hope you like what I am preparing for you! I will do my best to not screw it up! And, if I do, my kitties will love you even more!
Squirrel Girl, I got mine in, what ya got?
 OK this is a rally to get a plate in to honor a great member. RonP was a fixture on this board and deserves a last great smoke. Personally this is a sendoff for me, not a comp.

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
I agree meateater, this is not at all about the competition for me either. Not that I'm not gonna whip YOUR butt though! LOL!
 I haven't even started yet, but today looks like a mighty fine day for cooking. I'm making Bananas Foster French Toast for breakfast so everything else is down hill from there!!

I'm gonna try to get a photo of the flambe part and I hope I don't burn my house down!

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
I was all ready to do the smoke and my smoker broke :(  Watching this on by the side lines

richoso1

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 21, 2007
I agree meateater, this is not at all about the competition for me either. Not that I'm not gonna whip YOUR butt though! LOL!
 I haven't even started yet, but today looks like a mighty fine day for cooking. I'm making Bananas Foster French Toast for breakfast so everything else is down hill from there!!

I'm gonna try to get a photo of the flambe part and I hope I don't burn my house down!
Call me as soon as the flame goes out, Cheetos ain't cutting it this morning...

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009

If it starts, get out of there!

Don't want any Smoked Squirrel today.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Get those entries in. Time is short.

sumosmoke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 29, 2007
Less than 8 hours remain until the entry window closes. Thanks to those of you that have entered.

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
It's been raining here all day. Wouldn't you know I would wait until the last minute and then it rains. Oh well, I love a challenge especially since it's for Ron. I'm still smoking away! Looks like I'll be taking it down to the wire. I'm having a blast though! I just waxed my floors yesterday and I came running inside a few minutes ago and busted my hiney! LOL! I wish I could have gotten that on video. Hehe, little sista was scrambling. Scared the crap outta my kitties. They are both in a fetal position hiding under the bed. Atleast I didn't have any food in my hands to spill, now that wouldn't have been too funny. Check out this video of old folks falling down. I got a chuckle out of it. I have a feeling I'm gonna be sore tomorrow! I better get back to work!

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
It's been raining here all day. Wouldn't you know I would wait until the last minute and then it rains. Oh well, I love a challenge especially since it's for Ron. I'm still smoking away! Looks like I'll be taking it down to the wire. I'm having a blast though! I just waxed my floors yesterday and I came running inside a few minutes ago and busted my hiney! LOL! I wish I could have gotten that on video. Hehe, little sista was scrambling. Scared the crap outta my kitties. They are both in a fetal position hiding under the bed. Atleast I didn't have any food in my hands to spill, now that wouldn't have been too funny. Check out this video of old folks falling down. I got a chuckle out of it. I have a feeling I'm gonna be sore tomorrow! I better get back to work!

GO SQUIRREL GO!! 1:18 I was picturing you scrambling..LMBO.

richoso1

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 21, 2007
It is 5:45 pm PST, and I just sent in my tribute entry. Three cheers for RonP!

Ron, I know you're looking down and laughing at us, but it's all good my friend.

Rich

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
I just sent mine in too, nothing like waiting til the last minute! Here's to you Ron! I had lots of fun putting this together and I laughed and had the best time thinking of you. Hugs to you fine sir!

bbally

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 24, 2007
I can not wait to see The pictures!!!!!!!!!!! 

Last edited:

bbally

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 24, 2007
Sorry .... got lots of entries, folks. Creating the thread, now ... :)
No need for Sorry, I know it is a lot of work to put it together.  I just really could not wait to see what people came up with for RonP!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.