Official SMF September 2010 Throwdown

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Entry deadline update (think that's big 'nuff?
icon_cool.gif
)

It would only be appropriate to announce the winner of this honorary TD, on Ron's birthday 10/3/10. To ensure proper time is allowed for voting, please note the change in the entry deadline date.

The entry deadline date is by midnight (EST) - 9/26/2010 (PM entries to Sumosmoke)

Last edited:
I rummaged through the shelves today at a local wal mart and I'm going to hit Sam's Club up this week and see if they have it in my area.

It may be a wild shot but if anyone has an Asian or Japanese Market you might try there... Just a Thought...

If anyone needs me to pick some up at Costco and send to them I will be happy to do that - just send me a PM and we can make the arrangements

I got all my stuff but with a brisket planned for this weekend I am thinking next weekend.

Bump this back up with my happy find of a 64 oz bottle Yoshida's, Original Gourmet, at Sam's Club this afternoon after work!  Huge bottle for $6.58!  Flying out to Texas in the morning for a three day work trip and will have plenty of time sitting around the hotel room coming up with a plan for when I return the end of the week!  

To a great man who loved to cook.

Ron tried to smoke anything and everything he ate.

I know the last couple years were tough on him.

I'll be looking for some Yoshidas for sure.

This would make him happy.

Oh wow, I have ten days to muster up the energy (been REALLY sick lately) to get this done. I so want to do this for Ron. He was so special to me even though I didn't know him as well as most of you guys. He sent me the sweetest message when I was sick a little while back. I have some pretty off the wall ideas too! Hehehe. Rest in peace my friend, you're gonna help me start a side-of-the-road, umm I mean cloud,  kinda place in heaven and Yoshido's will be our secret ingredient!!!

It does amaze me that someone you've never met in person, or even talked to on the phone could touch you in such a special, deep, true sorta way. That's how I feel about Ron.

Oh wow, I have ten days to muster up the energy (been REALLY sick lately) to get this done. I so want to do this for Ron. He was so special to me even though I didn't know him as well as most of you guys. He sent me the sweetest message when I was sick a little while back. I have some pretty off the wall ideas too! Hehehe. Rest in peace my friend, you're gonna help me start a side-of-the-road, umm I mean cloud,  kinda place in heaven and Yoshido's will be our secret ingredient!!!

It does amaze me that someone you've never met in person, or even talked to on the phone could touch you in such a special, deep, true sorta way. That's how I feel about Ron.
You should have seen the Rukus when he was banned!  Yes, RonP is a great member. I hope your feeling better and looking forward to your kick butt entry, Squirrel Style.
icon_cool.gif

Let me guess, Yoshida basted Rack of Squirrel Ribs with Chipotle...
icon_mrgreen.gif

WOW!!

I've been away for a bit, picked up a Pork Loin I'm going to French for the smoker and after this post for the Sept Throw Down heading,,    about got me choked up!
icon_cry.gif

Now to browse and see whats up for Sunday.

Nope not tonight.
icon_sad.gif
 See you all tomorrow. Good night.

Denny O

RIP! Buddy!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky