Homemade Bolognese Lasagna (Emilia Romagnia Style) with Spinach and Homemade Pasta

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
So I got a Marcato Atlas 180 pasta machine for my birthday and have been itching to use it. Well, dinner party Thursday night so time to use it. I knew what wine we would be drinking and it would go perfect with Lasagna. This is my great grandmother's recipe. She always just put the spinach as a layer instead of making green pasta dough (easier, but taste the same once baked).

The Spinach salads...
IMG_20240201_185629.jpg

Me rolling out the pasta with my new machine...
IMG_20240201_232638_01.jpg

IMG_20240201_232644_01.jpg

Assembled and baked...
IMG_20240201_194657.jpg

The plate...
IMG_20240201_195038.jpg

Opened a bottle of the Super Tuscan I made with my Uncle 11 months ago. Excellent pairing with the lasagna.

Reactions: JLeonard
Looks tasty for sure! I'd stay away from the scale for a couple days though.

Ryan

Looks tasty for sure! I'd stay away from the scale for a couple days though.

Ryan
Thanks Bh!
Fantastic Keith! I've got to use my pasta maker more often. Hmm. We are having spaghetti tonight.
I had a cheap knockoff pasta machine years ago, but it wore out fast. Glad I finally have a good one. Nothing beats fresh pasta when cooking Italian IMO.

Looks great . I have the 150 wellness . I love it .
Did you boil first or build it raw ? I've done it both ways . Just wondering .
Gonna be time for Lasagna ,,,, Nice work .

My Son just bought a pasta press for his stand mixer .
Pretty cool .
20240128_112540.jpg

I usually just build it raw with fresh pasta because it cooks in no time and I like that the pasta will soak up moisture in the lasagna. Not a fan of runny bolognese....

I have my Noni's old Atlas, which still works perfectly, although it's a little loose and clunky. (my brother is borrowing it right now, so I can't post a pic.)

Then last week I happen to stop by the Habitat for Humanity store in town, and scored a new Atlas for $22 minus the box. (I should've bought all eight of them to resell).
And man, they are still building them like a tank.
I will some day pass both of them down to my niece and nephew, seeing I don't have kids.

Great post, Goomba.
Dan.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky