Homemade Fettuccine, Roasted Garlic & Broccoli Alfredo, & Sausage (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Well, it looks like some of us have finally taken to making our own pasta. Our good friend sawhorseray sawhorseray has been pushing me for years to get started. The other day 6GRILLZNTN 6GRILLZNTN posted that he got a new pasta machine. Then chopsaw chopsaw posted his lasagna. I was hooked because I too got a full setup for pasta making gifted to me for Christmas. The day Chop posted his lasagna, I made a batch also. Didn't post it because I didn't want to steal his much deserved limelight. I only used half of the dough I made for the lasagna so ran the rest of it yesterday for fettuccine. Tracy asked for some sort of Alfredo sauce with broccoli so that's the direction I went.

My batch of goodies.
003.jpg

Starting the pasta.
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

About this time, the jerky I put on the dehydrator earlier in the day was ready to come off.
005.jpg

A couple big links of homemade sweet Italian sausage defrosted.
006.jpg

Butterfly the sausage and into a skillet with a little EVOO.
007.jpg

Time to start the sauce. Get the garlic in another skillet with a drizzle of EVOO. Hey Jeff ( jcam222 jcam222 ) does this skillet look familiar?? :emoji_wink:
008.jpg

Lightly roast the garlic being careful not to scorch it.
009.jpg

Add heavy cream, a little milk, Parmesan, Romano, and Mozzarella cheeses.
010.jpg

I just had to add a touch of cayenne
011.jpg

Let it cook down till all the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth as silk. Then add the broccoli. Cook on low for a little while the broccoli starts to soften up.
012.jpg

Sausage is done.
013.jpg

Fettuccine in a pot of salted boiling water.
014.jpg

Only takes a couple minutes for the noodles. Plate them, spoon the sauce over top, and serve with the sausage and some cheesy garlic toast.
015.jpg

016.jpg

Debauchery at it's finest!! This meal was truly decadent. Very rich, smooth, flavorful, and filling but certainly not for the lactose intolerant :emoji_laughing: We were both stuffed but just kept eating till the coma overtook us. Man, this was some kind of good, and it all came from the enablers here in SMF: homemade pasta, homemade sausage, homemade sauce....you get the idea. It's all your fault!!

Oh well, gonna call this one done. Y'all take care and hope everybody had a great holiday season. Thanks for looking.

Robert

Like everything else you make, it is all in the details and always plated to perfection. Killer meal all the way around!

Robert, the pasta alfredo looks truly decadent like you said...and the jerky looks great also! Now that you're making homemade pasta, you could take advantage off all that extra starch and finish the pasta in your sauce. That sauce will cling to the pasta like hair on a gorilla!

Excellent job my friend.

You're off and running now . Gets better as you go along . Home made alfredo is addicting for sure .

Reactions: clifish
I love your posts. DIY pasta is the best and it’s so simple. That looks like a great meal. One of our Swedish exchange students added a bit of soy sauce to the Alfredo he made us. I pretty much decided he didn’t know what he was doing and probably ruined the sauce. I was going to have to pretend to like it. 😂 However, it added a layer of umami akin to a deep mushroom flavor that was subtle but did not taste of soy sauce at all. It was between a tsp-tbs. I now do that with any type of cream-based sauce I make. The kid knew what he was doing after all.

Wow! You never fail to deliver! That is incredible, now my wife wants to make pasta🤣 That is so 5 star, your own pasta, sausage and sauce. I think you’re going to need a few milking cows if you ever want to elevate your plates any higher! Awesome as always Robert, crazy respect for what you do!

• Haha
Reactions: Brokenhandle
Whoa, there's no looking back now Robert, that home-made meal is completely off the hook, great piece of work amigo! RAY

Very nice Robert. I know what you mean about homemade everything. I can’t get the wife to eat out much because, “They dont make it right”. We live in a small town but even when we go to the big city it’s not all that much better unless you want to pay 60-100 a plate. That looks all very delicious and homemade pasta is a game changer. Nice work as always.

Looks and sounds like 5 star dining!! I sure do recognize that pan. Looks like the twin of my awesome Christmas present from you. I need to put it to work soon.

Man that would work Robert. Looks really great bud! I just had a craving for pasta and have some Chicken Spaghetti in the oven. Would love to see your Lasagna also.

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME !!!! Dammnit Robert ... OMG .... WOWWWW... YUMMMM YUMMMMM... WHOLLY CRAP ... Just to say a few ...

That's over the top... GREAT JOB BUB... as usual ...

On the Alfredo... just a lil of this.. a lil of that... and then some of this ?? No kind of measurements ??

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky