Creative Italian Fun: Deep Dish Stuffed Crust Lasagna Pizza (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Robert, its like you are a kid in a candy store with a huge smile as you make up things you dream up at night...... That is a cool dish anyway you look at it!
Appreciate the accolades but truth be told, most of these oddball meals are spur of the moment. I get an idea and just sort of make it up as I go along. The exception to that is in Summer, in the pool, margarita in hand, and off in my own little world. That's when I'll take a few minutes to think through the meals but the majority are just shoot from the hip, which this one was.

Robert

Reactions: civilsmoker
Looked like finger food to me........ :emoji_thumbsup:
I suppose the pics may make it look that way but I can pretty much promise that if you tried to pick this up and eat it, you'd wind up with a lap full of smoldering hot, molten cheese....and sauce....and meats :emoji_astonished:

Robert

Great idea Robert and what a flavor bomb, and just look at the cheese oozing from the crust! I’d demolish it for sure!
Thank you my friend. As noted, this one was fun but we both love all that melted cheesiness oozing from the crust, same with pizza when I make it. That Cooper cheese is incredible and melts so beautifully, you just can't beat it.

Robert

Very Very Cool Robert
That is a fantastic take on a lasagna pizza whatever it / you might want to call it.

Just not anything in that I would not love , except maybe the size, I guess I would just have to have 2
Thanks so much David. they were fun and really tasty. Believe it or not, those CI pans hold a lot more than they look like they would. Both of those "pizzas" were right a pound each. That makes for a pretty hefty meal :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
very late to the party, but man do those look delicious!! very creative idea and thanks for sharing them!

Both of those "pizzas" were right a pound each. That makes for a pretty hefty meal :emoji_wink:

Sorry Robert , I thought you and Tracy were splitting one . Did not know you made 2
That does hold more than it looks like also.

All good my friend. Keep coming up with new ideas, and I am always watching :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: 🤠

David

Ps : just posting a new potato meal, Cuban style ,

Last edited:
Oh I found them, but they're STUPID expensive!

The best price I've found for Lodge is here at Amazon

There are a couple of other square minis (Winco brand), but the reviews don't look so good...coating flaking off (looks more like paint to me)...

Of course, you could order a case of 12 from WebrestaurantStore, but their shipping would be outrageous.

I'm on the lookout though! :emoji_wink:

That pie and a Yuengling to wash it down? Robert, "it don't get no better than that"!! With the cheese running out and all the goodies inside and on top...WOW!!
1675079303435.png

Robert, I'm not sure I can stand the torture of opening your postings much longer. My salivary glands kick in so hard it almost pains me, my poor stomach gurgles and groans... And alas they remain unsated.

Good gosh man! Your cooking just rocks.

very late to the party, but man do those look delicious!! very creative idea and thanks for sharing them!
Fashionable late but you're here. That's all that matters :emoji_wink: Appreciate the kind words.

Robert

Sorry Robert , I thought you and Tracy were splitting one . Did not know you made 2
That does hold more than it looks like also.
Alright David, now for the real moment of truth. When I do something new like this, I always make Tracy's first and learn from doing here so mine will look better :emoji_laughing: Hers tasted exactly the same as mine, it just wasn't quite a pretty.

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
That pie and a Yuengling to wash it down? Robert, "it don't get no better than that"!! With the cheese running out and all the goodies inside and on top...WOW!!
Very much appreciate it my friend. I was pretty happy with the way that pic came out. I'd have been heartbroken it the thing had gone to pieces on me. There were high hopes from the outset that these would come out looking good for a nice presentation.

Robert

Robert, I'm not sure I can stand the torture of opening your postings much longer. My salivary glands kick in so hard it almost pains me, my poor stomach gurgles and groans... And alas they remain unsated.

Good gosh man! Your cooking just rocks.
That's some seriously high praise sir and I appreciate it. Remember though, a whole lot of what I've learned here was learned from you :emoji_wink: I've been on a bit of a roll recently though and it's been fun getting creative, especially after that lull I was in.

Robert

Totally missed this one! Another creative masterpiece by Robert. Well done. Looks so good. How do you come up with this stuff?
You found me so that's all that counts. I have not been hard to find recently though :emoji_wink: Appreciate the kind words sir. As for the ideas....well they are kinda spawned by hanging out here in the forum with all these enablers.They tend to push the boundaries of creativity and I guess I feed (no pun intended) off of that.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky