Labor Day TD Voting Delayed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Ladies and gentlemen, I hate to do this but the voting polls for the TD is going to be delayed for a few days. I'm in VA dealing with a very serious situation where my mother is concerned. I'll be loading up some of her stuff shortly, moving her to TX, and getting her set up in an assisted living facility. Once back I have to make arrangements to sell her house and liquidate pretty much everything else that she will no longer need. This little bombshell just got dropped in my lap Thursday morning so it's been a sudden and fast-paced trip. Hopefully we will be home by Wednesday and after the smoke clears from the trip, I'll get the poll posted. Thanks to all of you for the support and participation with the event but please bear with me as I work through the logistics of this melee.

Many thanks,
Robert

Robert,
Thoughts and prayers for you and your Mom. Don't worry about the TD in the short-term...you've got more important things to do. We understand. I recently had to deal with a number of the same issues with my Mom.

Don't forget to take time to care for the caregiver (you).

Robert, you take all the time you need bud. Sorry to hear about this.

Fred

I hope it all goes as well as it can. Take care of your Mom. That's the important thing.

Take all the time you need! Take care of yourself and your mom... give her hugs from all of us!

Ryan

Take your time and do what you gotta do! This is just silly nonsense compared to what you are going through!

Sorry to hear this Robert. Of course Family first no matter what. Take the time and care needed and don't worry about anything else. Hope it all goes as well as possible.

All of the above partner.

Internet games might be fun but family is family - and since this forum is like a very extended and diverse family - there isn't a single one of us who doesn't understand.

Well said!
Well said indeed. I have little to offer, but I am in VA so if I can help you along in any way lemme know.

Robert, best wishes to you and your family, you are doing the right thing!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky