EVERYONE... click on the spammers and block them... in their profile is a "block member" tab....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Once more...

Right click on their handle... open in new window.... Under their avatar is a "block member" button.... click on it.....

Last edited:
I think it's more a matter of turning over your business to some people you have "no idea" who they are...

If you owned a business and wanted to go out for lunch, would you hand over the keys and cash register to some unknown who walked in the door...

You don't know me, but yes, I would, and yes, I have. I inherently trust people. And in this case, help is needed. Don't pick me. Pick somebody else. Just ask for help. Easy.

Makes no difference if you block them or not. Blocking them only stops them from sending you messages directly. It has no effect in stopping them from making new threads/posts. Admins are the only ones with access to the settings to block them from making threads.

Makes no difference if you block them or not. Blocking them only stops them from sending you messages directly. It has no effect in stopping them from making new threads/posts. Admins are the only ones with access to the settings to block them from making threads.

It has been reported.... If 3 or more members block another member, they are temporarily locked out of the forum from posting until admin unblocks them......

If you know for a fact, that doing that is not effective, please let us know....

Did you click on their profile and block them ?????

Last edited:
It has been reported.... If 3 or more members block another member, they are temporarily locked out of the forum from posting until admin unblocks them......

If you know for a fact, that doing that is not effective, please let us know....

Mods, is that correct? Can the board software do that?

I haven't had to nuke any spammers on the Outback board for a while. Funny how they come and go in waves.

Reported by the admins of the site? Or members of the forum?

There are settings, such as minimum number of posts for topics, that can effective to help prevent the spammers taking over the site. If you make them too stringent, you lock out new members from posting/joining as well. 

I've coded/written forum software many years ago and to my knowledge, you can't have members block anyone from using the forum without an admin's input. If you could, this is easily abused and makes for more work and headaches for the admins to deal with on a daily basis.

Last edited:
Phil.... you can..... click on "block member" of the spammer... if for no other reason to see if it works....

Tried. No joy. If only there was something else someone could do to delete those posts.... Or, they could just continue and drive people away.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky