EVERYONE... click on the spammers and block them... in their profile is a "block member" tab....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
right click on their name under the thread title.... open in new window.... look for the "block member" in the yellow square...... click on it...

lets see what happens....

lets do this to every NEW spammer that shows up.......

Dave

Reactions: gunzby
Originally Posted by mummel View Post

And go even one further. If at least 3 people block a user within a 1 hour time frame, then that user is unable to post anything until a mod has had time to review what the user was posting and decide to perma-ban or not.

What do you think? That way the community can self regulate.

This was mummel's idea.....

Reactions: cats49er
Maybe I just time it right but there is more SPAM by members complaining about the SPAM then there is malicious stuff.

Dave, I'm in!

I usually just report them, but if this will help, I will try it.

Fortunately, on a relative basis, this site has been pretty free of spam.

Good luck and good smoking.

Hey, if mummel is right about this, we will have to send him some coupons for free stuff from somewhere..... maybe ship him some garlic....

"They" Don't want help. "They" wanna handle it all by themselves.

I think it's more a matter of turning over your business to some people you have "no idea" who they are...

If you owned a business and wanted to go out for lunch, would you hand over the keys and cash register to some unknown who walked in the door...

also for the blocking you can hoover over theri name like in this thread you can hoover over a name and block member is the bottom option 

right click on their name under the thread title.... open in new window.... look for the "block member" in the yellow square...... click on it...

Dave
Morning Dave

Great idea, and I'll do just that.  For some reason, it doesn't seem to matter what time of the day I log on--NO SPAM lately!!  Don't know why, but I'm  really happy about it.  If it shows up again, I'll definitely follow your advice.

Gary

Dave
Morning Dave

Great idea, and I'll do just that.  For some reason, it doesn't seem to matter what time of the day I log on--NO SPAM lately!!  Don't know why, but I'm  really happy about it.  If it shows up again, I'll definitely follow your advice.

Gary

Credit mummel with the suggestion...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky