And The Leftovers Throwdown Winners Are.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Apologies for the delay in getting this posted. A couple of our judges have had some stuff going on that took a lot of their time recently and one of them has been a bit under the weather. Got all the votes in though and added them up. Wow, this one was VERY close with only one point separating first and second places in the Judge's vote...with third place (no prize for that one) being one point behind second. It was that close and some very deserving prizes for some amazing entries.

1st place in the forum vote goes to our esteemed friend from north of our border....none other than David ( DRKsmoking DRKsmoking ) with his Smoked 2 - 2+ Pound Weaved Turkey Dinner Rolls.
1702655613709.png

For his efforts he will receive a $100 gift card from Porter Road. He may have to get with Brian ( bmudd14474 bmudd14474 ) to figure something out with his prize....but this has happened before and we've always worked something in David's favor.

2nd place in the forum vote goes to one of our favorite folks....Mr. civilsmoker civilsmoker ) for his entry of Leftover turkey brine smoked rack of pork.
1702655856022.png

His prize for this amazing entry will be his choice of the three offerings I made. Please reach out to me and we will figure out which one you'd like to receive.

Now to the Judge's voting. Man oh man, as noted above, this was super close. Y'all aren't gonna believe this but the winner was once again our good friend civilsmoker civilsmoker He's cleaning house this time, and deservedly so. For his prize he'll be once again the recipient of an amazing Certified Piedmontese beef package. Congrats my friend!!

2nd place in the Judge's vote goes to none other than S Smoke-Chem BBQ for his truly fantastic entry of Turkey and Andouille pecan stuffing croquettes on a bed of homemade cranberry orange relish. What a beautiful plate!!
1702656262344.png

For his efforts he wins spice mixes from our Cajun buddy in Southern Louisiana, Keith ( indaswamp indaswamp ) to make 25 pounds each of the world famous Cajun sausage and his incredible Andouille. I can personally attest to both of these being some world class sausages....and both are staples in our freezer. Congrats on a much deserved win.

Last but not least we have the winner of the Judge's Choice vote. One random person from the forum is tasked to pick their favorite of the entries. No voting, just the one they like the best and it was picked without knowing any of the forum voting numbers. Personally, I'm thrilled to see this one picked because I'd love to dive into this. The entry is from a good friend to all of us, Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ for his Smoked Cornish Game Hen Chowder with Garlic Butter and Cheddar Toasted Brioche Roll. Congrats buddy!! Here is the copied and pasted text from the judge: "For the judges choice I'm really liking entry number 6 the chowder. I know it's not the prettiest or the best presented, but it's one that's just different enough and one that I would like to try." I kinda agree with the sentiments of the judge. This just looks delicious.
1702656810550.png

His terrific entry wins him a 12" Lodge cast iron skillet donated by another fantastic friend Steve H Steve H as well as an assortment of hot sauces made by the King Of Fermenting himself, Mr. Jeff jcam222 jcam222

What an overall amazing bunch of entries....which I'm happy beyond belief that I didn't have to vote for....or compete against. There is no such thing as a "loser" in these competitions, only a few people who win by just a couple of points. This was far and again one of the toughest events we've put together. Thanks so much to all who entered and those who took the time to vote. Congrats to all the winners, especially the top 5 who barely edged out the others by just a few points.

Robert

Attachments

• 1702655613926.png
    1702655613926.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • 1702655856270.png
    1702655856270.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • 1702656262590.png
    1702656262590.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • 1702656810740.png
    1702656810740.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
Man thats some tough competition right there! And all the entries are something I'd sit down to in a minute. Congrats to the winners, cause you are all winners!

Jim

DRKsmoking DRKsmoking civilsmoker civilsmoker civilsmoker civilsmoker S Smoke-Chem BBQ and Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ congratulations on the win(s Civil). I'd be proud to sit down to anyone of those meals.

I'd also like to thank our committee judges who work behind the scenes and never receive any credit for the time they put into each throw-down. The sponsors Porter Road, Certified Piedmontese beef for their more than generous donations. Steve H Steve H jcam222 jcam222 indaswamp indaswamp and tx smoker tx smoker for their outstanding contributions to the prize packages. To the SMF admin. team and of course TulsaJeff TulsaJeff . For without them these TDs wouldn't be possible.

Finally I like to say thank you to all those that entered and those that voted. You guys are the folks that separate us from other smoking forums, and make these TD such a huge success.

Man it feels like I just won a Grammy award and that was my speech. LOL
Chris

Ooops sorry, I'd like to add one more item. To all the winners. Please show us what you did with your winnings. I'm sure the whole SMF family would love to see the fruits of your labor. I know I would.

Last edited:
Well thank you very much for all the votes , and I am honoured to be amongst a great bunch of entries again this time.

Also congrats to everyone that took the time to enter and all put in a great showing.
And to all the winners @ civilsmoker civilsmoker , @ S Smoke-Chem BBQ and @ Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ .

To all the voters, judges and suppliers of the great prizes, and the folks that put the throwdowns on and to TulsaJeff TulsaJeff
for having this site for us to learn and have some friendly fun.

Thanks to everyone involved if I missed you
David

I will try to post my entry tonight or tomorrow as working all weekend ...Christmas rush ,
customers all want things now, and I'm too soft and trying to help them out. ( without making my misses unhappy at same time )

All thanks for the votes as this was a very nice gathering of meals! Thanks to TulsaJeff TulsaJeff for the forum and bringing us "smokers" together to share and learn from each other. Congrats to DRKsmoking DRKsmoking S Smoke-Chem BBQ Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ and thanks to all the other entries!

The sponsors CertifiedPiedmontese CertifiedPiedmontese , Porter Road, tx smoker tx smoker indaswamp indaswamp Steve H Steve H jcam222 jcam222 also deserve a vote of appreciation for supporting the throwdowns and making all the effort worth it!

Lastly the committee deserves a huge thanks for organizing and running the throwdowns!

All thanks for the votes as this was a very nice gathering of meals! Thanks to TulsaJeff TulsaJeff for the forum and bringing us "smokers" together to share and learn from each other. Congrats to DRKsmoking DRKsmoking S Smoke-Chem BBQ Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ and thanks to all the other entries!

The sponsors CertifiedPiedmontese CertifiedPiedmontese , Porter Road, tx smoker tx smoker indaswamp indaswamp Steve H Steve H jcam222 jcam222 also deserve a vote of appreciation for supporting the throwdowns and making all the effort worth it!

Lastly the committee deserves a huge thanks for organizing and running the throwdowns!
Civil,

You had my vote! That looked so damn Delicious!! Great Job! And congratulations to all as they were all great entries!

Congrats again DRKsmoking DRKsmoking , David for yet another outstanding entry and another well deserved win!! Also civilsmoker civilsmoker for another great meal and presentation. Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ and S Smoke-Chem BBQ , great entries, as well, I liked them all...

Thank you Charles for the comment.
And it was a tasty meal also.
Will try to post it sometime tonight after I get my invoices done for work.
Christmas is coming, lol

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky