Bodacious Bones Throwdown: And The Winners Are......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Wow, what a truly epic event. When we announced this one it seemed as though the day would never come that we'd be announcing the winners. The day has arrived though after some truly amazing entries, two months to enter, and two rounds of voting. Hats off to all the great people who took the time to create some mouth watering ribs and assemble plates of food that would give Big Mo Cason a hard time determining a winner :emoji_laughing: I'm not Big Mo by any means but all of you determined the winners so I have plausible deniability :emoji_astonished: Here we go....

1st place in the forum vote goes to none other than our good friend S Smoke-Chem BBQ for his spicy beef short ribs and his sweet pork ribs. For his efforts and an amazing entry, he will receive a $100 gift card from Porter Road. Way to go!! You'll need to contact TulsaJeff TulsaJeff to procure your prize.

2nd place in the forum vote goes to yet another great forum member, Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ for his beef short ribs, beef back ribs, and twice smoked potato. Congrats Justin!! You will get your choice of a meat grinder, dehydrator, or electric slicer. That prize is donated by lil' ol' me so you'll need to pick one and let me know what your decision is please.

Now we move to the Judge's voting. All three of the judges are picked from the forum membership for being upstanding, positive contributing people and they have volunteered to take the time to put together their votes. They are required to heavily critique the entries based on 3 different categories. All of the judges are anonymous and only Chris ( gmc2003 gmc2003 ) and I know who they are. None of them know who the other judges are. In this way we can ensure the integrity of the voting knowing that there is no back-and-forth communication between them. Seemed fair to us :emoji_wink:

1st place in the Judge's vote goes to one of our all-time favorites....the guy with the X-Fire and the Copper Pot. Everybody please give a huge round of applause to our good friend civilsmoker civilsmoker for his amazing Smoked & Grill Seared and Grill Roasted 5/6 Ribs. Hats off to you sir and congrats. For your efforts you'll receive a meat package from Certified Piedmontese Beef. The package will consist of (4) 14 oz. Rib Eyes, a 3# chuck roast, and 2 racks of very meaty beef back ribs weighing in right at 3#. You'll need to contact me to get shipping in order via Joe at CPB please.

Boy I sure am glad I didn't have to vote on this one. There was only 1 point separating 1st and 2nd place, it was that close. That was one tough event to judge!! Please give one more huge round of applause to another fantastic entry from the one and only Fred ( Texas Cookin' Texas Cookin' ) for his 2nd place finish in the Judge's voting which was candied baby back ribs with jalapeño cheddar cornbread chaffles “waffles”. Kudos Fred and way to knock it out of the park. I knew as soon as I saw this one it was gonna get high marks. For your time and work you'll receive 3 different bottles of fermented hot sauce and an Inkbird hybrid remote thermometer offered up by another great forum member, Jeff ( jcam222 jcam222 ). Please reach out to him in order to get the ball rolling for your prize.

One thing we would like to ask though. If possible, could the winners of the PR and CPB prizes please take time to document what you've done with the prizes you won and showcase it here in the forum? We feel it would be a very nice tribute to our sponsors to show off your talents with their products.

Well ladies and gentlemen, it was a long journey but we made it. We cannot thank all of you enough for the incredible support throughout this one. So many fantastic entries, so many votes, and so much participation across the board. Seeing this one come together the way it did makes all the work worthwhile putting it together and trying to keep it running. Now I feel like something is missing from my life....but not for long :emoji_wink: Wait till y'all see what Chris and I have up our sleeves for the next one. All of the planning is done and we're ready to launch it but gonna give a bit of time to let the smoke clear from this one...so to speak. Soon though, very soon, all of you will get to see a TD unlike anything ever showcased here :emoji_laughing:

That's all folks!!

Robert

First I like to congratulate S Smoke-Chem BBQ for taking first place in the forum poll, and Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ for second place. Now I'd like to congratulate civilsmoker civilsmoker for winning the committee voting and Texas Cookin' Texas Cookin' for coming in really close second.

Finally a BIG Congratulations to all who participated in this TD. It truly was EPIC!!!

Chris

Wow, what a truly epic event. When we announced this one it seemed as though the day would never come that we'd be announcing the winners. The day has arrived though after some truly amazing entries, two months to enter, and two rounds of voting. Hats off to all the great people who took the time to create some mouth watering ribs and assemble plates of food that would give Big Mo Cason a hard time determining a winner :emoji_laughing: I'm not Big Mo by any means but all of you determined the winners so I have plausible deniability :emoji_astonished: Here we go....

1st place in the forum vote goes to none other than our good friend S Smoke-Chem BBQ for his spicy beef short ribs and his sweet pork ribs. For his efforts and an amazing entry, he will receive a $100 gift card from Porter Road. Way to go!! You'll need to contact TulsaJeff TulsaJeff to procure your prize.

2nd place in the forum vote goes to yet another great forum member, Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ for his beef short ribs, beef back ribs, and twice smoked potato. Congrats Justin!! You will get your choice of a meat grinder, dehydrator, or electric slicer. That prize is donated by lil' ol' me so you'll need to pick one and let me know what your decision is please.

Now we move to the Judge's voting. All three of the judges are picked from the forum membership for being upstanding, positive contributing people and they have volunteered to take the time to put together their votes. They are required to heavily critique the entries based on 3 different categories. All of the judges are anonymous and only Chris ( gmc2003 gmc2003 ) and I know who they are. None of them know who the other judges are. In this way we can ensure the integrity of the voting knowing that there is no back-and-forth communication between them. Seemed fair to us :emoji_wink:

1st place in the Judge's vote goes to one of our all-time favorites....the guy with the X-Fire and the Copper Pot. Everybody please give a huge round of applause to our good friend civilsmoker civilsmoker for his amazing Smoked & Grill Seared and Grill Roasted 5/6 Ribs. Hats off to you sir and congrats. For your efforts you'll receive a meat package from Certified Piedmontese Beef. The package will consist of (4) 14 oz. Rib Eyes, a 3# chuck roast, and 2 racks of very meaty beef back ribs weighing in right at 3#. You'll need to contact me to get shipping in order via Joe at CPB please.

Boy I sure am glad I didn't have to vote on this one. There was only 1 point separating 1st and 2nd place, it was that close. That was one tough event to judge!! Please give one more huge round of applause to another fantastic entry from the one and only Fred ( Texas Cookin' Texas Cookin' ) for his 2nd place finish in the Judge's voting which was candied baby back ribs with jalapeño cheddar cornbread chaffles “waffles”. Kudos Fred and way to knock it out of the park. I knew as soon as I saw this one it was gonna get high marks. For your time and work you'll receive 3 different bottles of fermented hot sauce and an Inkbird hybrid remote thermometer offered up by another great forum member, Jeff ( jcam222 jcam222 ). Please reach out to him in order to get the ball rolling for your prize.

One thing we would like to ask though. If possible, could the winners of the PR and CPB prizes please take time to document what you've done with the prizes you won and showcase it here in the forum? We feel it would be a very nice tribute to our sponsors to show off your talents with their products.

Well ladies and gentlemen, it was a long journey but we made it. We cannot thank all of you enough for the incredible support throughout this one. So many fantastic entries, so many votes, and so much participation across the board. Seeing this one come together the way it did makes all the work worthwhile putting it together and trying to keep it running. Now I feel like something is missing from my life....but not for long :emoji_wink: Wait till y'all see what Chris and I have up our sleeves for the next one. All of the planning is done and we're ready to launch it but gonna give a bit of time to let the smoke clear from this one...so to speak. Soon though, very soon, all of you will get to see a TD unlike anything ever showcased here :emoji_laughing:

That's all folks!!

Robert
Wow is all I can say. I am super honored to have my entry recognized and chosen as the second place entry in the judges voting. I will give a detailed description of my cook very soon. What an awesome showdown with an awesome array of entries.

Fred

Congratulations to the winners!! And to all who participated!! I had a great time participating in this TD and was honored to get some votes in the forum voting!! So many talented Smokers here!! Every entry looked Delicious!!!

Sean

Congratulations to all of you that entered... was an awesome job done by all! I really enjoyed entering it as well... was a fun smoke!

Just so you know... Robert's ( tx smoker tx smoker ) ribs did show up in the throwdown... his ribs from a previous thread are the picture I posted each time it was put on the carousel!

Look forward to all the threads on the entries!

Ryan

I've been crazy busy with work and travel and I was able to log on today after a full day workshop and see the results of the TD and I am honored to be selected by the committee, Thank you! I personally, thought we had a solid group of entries and really appreciate the efforts of all who entered, the committee, judges, and the forum for allowing all of us to participate! Congratulations to S Smoke-Chem BBQ Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ and Texas Cookin' Texas Cookin' !!!

Robert, I will certainly follow through with some showcase posts highlighting the Certified Piedmontese Beef in appreciation for the sponsership..... My mind is already spinning on some ideas!

All the entries were spectacular and congratulations to the winners. A tip of the hat goes out to Robert( tx smoker) and Chris( gmc2003) for all their hard work orchestrating this event!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Congrats to the winners! You guys did a great job. I was just glad to see my entry get a few votes among the stiff competition that was there.
And to the committee members.....A big THANK YOU for your efforts in putting this on!!

Jim

Wow-I’m honored to have won the popular vote considering we had such a large and talented pool of entrants!

Thanks to Jeff and SMF, to the Throwdown organizers and judges who invested so much time, to everyone who entered for raising the bar so high, and to Porter Road for the prize they so generously donated!

I’ll be happy to write up a description of my entry once I’m back home with access to my notebook; I’m traveling at the moment, at the Oshkosh Airventure Fly-in! 10,000 aircraft and 650,000 attendees expected by week’s end-I’ve been wanting to come here for decades.

Congrats to all the winners and all are much deserving!
And thanks to Jeff, the sponsors and Robert , Chris and the crew for their efforts!

Keith

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky