Extra, Extra, Read all about it. Winners announced for the Soups, Stews and Chili Throw-down.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
One of the best throw-downs we've witnessed to date. Congrats to the winners! Special thanks to Chris & Robert for your efforts. These TD's are not for the faint of heart and you both excel at it. Then there are the silent people i.e. the judges. You know who you are and I personally thank you for efforts :emoji_thumbsup: 🍻

I want to be a fly on the wall when he opens that package with the knife in it!

Ryan
I wanted to be a fly on that pizza bowl. It was the one I most wanted to try.

Every entry looked great, and I know some of them would be absolutely be a hit, but I'd made most of them in some form or another. Never have I ever in all my moons seen a pizza soup.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I've made beef stew and chicken soup a thousand different ways, but pizza soup - this is me in the image!

1709179248790.png

I wanted to be a fly on that pizza bowl. It was the one I most wanted to try.

Every entry looked great, and I know some of them would be absolutely be a hit, but I'd made most of them in some form or another. Never have I ever in all my moons seen a pizza soup.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I've made beef stew and chicken soup a thousand different ways, but pizza soup - this is me in the image!

View attachment 690001
I'm right there with ya... didn't know it was a thing! Thread will be coming soon.

Ryan

Lol why do you think I had to re-plate it the first two times?

Then forgot the scallions. Then forgot the chili oil... I could clearly never be on a cooking competition show!
I completely forgot the sign originally on my entry, took lots of great pics without it. Then we ate, and as I was cleaning up it hit me. "OH SH*T!" I yelled. Completely forgot about it.

Luckily I had a couple of empty bread bowls left (although they weren't as nice looking as the one I originally took the pic of). Had enough soup left over to fill it and did my best to re-capture the pic WITH the hand written sign. Glad I didn't fire it off without the sign first!

I would have been so p*ssed if I didn't have any more bread bowls left at that moment! :emoji_laughing:

Last edited:
I completely forgot the sign originally on my entry, took lots of great pics without it. Then we ate, and as I was cleaning up it hit me. "OH SH*T!" I yelled. Completely forgot about it.

Luckily I had a couple of empty bread bowls left (although they weren't as nice looking as the one I originally took the pic of). Had enough soup left over to fill it and did my best to re-capture the pic WITH the hand written sign. Glad I didn't fire it off without the sign first!

I would have been so p*ssed if I didn't have any more bread bowls left at that moment! :emoji_laughing:
Great minds think alike! Your entry looked great! I would have traded bowls with you in a heartbeat! Are you gonna post up yours? I'd sure like to see it.

Ryan

Great minds think alike! Your entry looked great! I would have traded bowls with you in a heartbeat! Are you gonna post up yours? I'd sure like to see it.

Ryan
Thank you! Yes, I'm going to try to post it today. That would have been a great trade; I love pizza as much as I love Q, and I'm totally inspired to try to replicate yours soon!!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Imma take baby aspirin that day so I dont stroke out!
Well, all I got to say is it out of my hands now....... however, I hope you will have a good Monday :emoji_wink: ......
Ill chase it with something that thins my blood........
.....just be sure you are "lucid enough" to be able to sign for it.....LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Buckeyedude
Well, all I got to say is it out of my hands now....... however, I hope you will have a good Monday :emoji_wink: ......

.....just be sure you are "lucid enough" to be able to sign for it.....LOL
Signing is one thing, cutting my finger off is another......

• Haha
Reactions: civilsmoker
Hope you made him sign a waiver removing yourself from any liability lest he should not heed your warning lol
Ive got enough electrical tape to bandage up pretty much anything!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky