Holiday Leftovers Throwdown: Let The Voting Begin!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What's Your Favorite Leftover meal?

• 1) Fresh collards seasoned with leftover double smoked ham

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • 2) Smoked 2 - 2+ Pound Weaved Turkey Dinner Rolls

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • 3) The Turkey was roasted on a pellet grill on a colder Thanksgiving day

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • 4) Leftover ham and turkey chopped up with an onion, on a toasted everything sub

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • 5) Leftover turkey brine smoked rack of pork; leftover dressing apples and craisons compote

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • 6) Smoked Cornish Game Hen Chowder with Garlic Butter and Cheddar Toasted Brioche Roll

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7) Horseshoe Sandwich

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • 8) Turkey and andouille pecan stuffing croquettes on a bed of homemade cranberry orange relish

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • 9) Smoked Fatty filled with Sweet Taters, Dressing, Turkey Leg and Cranberry Sauce

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 10) Thanksgiving wood fired pizza topped with PB burnt ends, sauteed peppers and onions

Votes: 4 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Well we didn't get quite the turnout we'd hoped for but still in all, a respectable showing. Thanks to all who took the time to put together an entry for this and send it in. Any of these entries could very well be a great first meal but for leftovers....WOW!! Some truly amazing creativity here from people. I'd be proud to sit down to any (or preferably ALL) of these meals :emoji_laughing:

Without further adieu, let the voting begin and let's see if we can hit the triple digit mark for total number of votes. Thank God once again that I don't have to vote. This one is gonna be tough.

1) Fresh collards seasoned with leftover double smoked ham from Thanksgiving. Topped with a medium chow chow and hot sauce.
1701702974167.png

2) Smoked 2 - 2+ Pound Weaved Turkey Dinner Rolls ( Turkey, stuffing, Cranberry sauce, green onions )
with Smoked Loaded Mashed and Gravy
1701703067872.png

3) The Turkey was roasted on a pellet grill on a colder Thanksgiving day. The dish has four different items of leftovers.
The CI was lined with crescent roll sheets. A roux was made and then the turkey and mixed veggies were added and mixed up. The pie topping was a ring of mashed potatoes then a ring of stuffing then a center piece of potatoes and a dab of stuffing on top. The pie was baked in the oven for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
1701703155415.png

4) Leftover ham and turkey chopped up with an onion, on a toasted everything sub with a light spread of French onion chip dip, some monterrey cheese and topped with some kinders garlic parm sauce
1701703269976.png

5) Leftover turkey brine smoked rack of pork; leftover dressing apples and craisons compote; with leftover sweet potato’s - grill seared then smoker braised in a garlic bourbon maple sweet glaze.
1701703336591.png

6) Smoked Cornish Game Hen Chowder with Garlic Butter and Cheddar Toasted Brioche Roll.
1701703472984.png

7) Horseshoe Sandwich
The horseshoe is a must-do for any visitor to Springfield, IL. Here's the Thanksgiving leftovers spin:
The cheese sauce is made from scratch from a roux with cheddar cheese and beer - plus a touch of cayenne (I prob should have incorporated a smoked cheese for this). Layer Texas toast, then leftover turkey, French fries, and smother generously with the cheese sauce.
1701703646400.png

8) Turkey and andouille pecan stuffing croquettes on a bed of homemade cranberry orange relish. Sweet potato medallions with brown sugar/cinnamon compound butter.
Appetizers from the smoker include cherry-smoked prime rib bites with horseradish sauce, and mushroom caps stuffed with sausage, cheese, and diced Jalapeños.
The vodka martini was made with smoked olives.
1701703764132.png

9) Smoked Fatty filled with Sweet Taters, Dressing, Turkey Leg and Cranberry Sauce wrapped in a Bacon Weave. Plated up with some its friends.
1701703849030.png

10) Thanksgiving wood fired pizza topped with PB burnt ends, sauteed peppers and onions, kettle smoked turkey, Smoked Gouda and
topped with the Korean Gochujang BBQ sauce from the burnt ends.
1701703924471.png

There ya have it folks. You have one week to cast your vote so please don't delay. We'd love to see a lot of support from everybody for all the work that went into this, especially for the people who sent in an entry. You will only get one vote and once cast, you cannot change it so make it count :emoji_wink: Additionally, if the settings are correct, you can't see the voting results until after you've voted. Take a minute and make sure to score for your favorite. I know it's not going to be an easy decision with all the fantastic food showcased here. Have fun everybody and make those who entered proud.

Robert

Can I have my bib please? Those are some delicious looking meals! Congrats to all the entrants on an outstanding job!

Ryan

If these are left overs imagine what the first meal was like......Glad we got a week to decide....Its gonna take some pondering.

Jim

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Very nice! Instead of a plate, I need a cafeteria tray to go around and get a sample or two of each!

Wow some really cool uses, need to do some pondering, but taking lots of notes for next year!! This is like a Thanksgiving cooking 101 lesson!

Boy those sure are some terrific looking entries. We may not have received as many as we thought, but it does remind me of an old expression I used to hear at work. Quality over Quantity, and we definitely hit the quality mark.

Beautiful work folks...

Chris

Now, there are some really creative plates. Well done to each of you! Gonna take a bit to decide before casting my vote.

Fantastic job everyone! I wish I liked sweet potatoes because there were a few that had them. Nevertheless I would absolutely eat every one of these entries. Good luck to all!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky