Chili, Soup, And Stew Throwdown: It's Time To Vote

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What's Your Favorite Chili, Soup, Or Stew?

• #1) "Smoked oxtail soup, with Piedmontese stew beef, carrots, celery, potatoes and sweet corn

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • #2) Belgian Beer-Cheese Soup With Fresh Smoked Sausage In A Homemade Pretzel Bread Bowl

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • #3) This is a simple chicken noodle soup made from the leftover meat and bones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #4) Here is my Ham and Beans entry.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #5) Double soup black garlic oil miso ramen with homemade noodles

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • #6) Tonkotsu Ramen with smoker-braised Pork Chashu and Shoyu Tare

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • #7) Hearty Italian Sausage & Peppers soup with Garlic Rosemary Parm Biscuits

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • #8) It’s Mardi Gras! Presented here is a hearty hickory-smoked chicken and andouille gumbo

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • #9) Smoked chicken soup with homemade bread

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • #10) Mexican chicken stew, has chicken, black beans, and corn

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • #11) Made up a batch of Chili for Super Bowl Sunday and it timed right for the TD

• #12) Smoked Beef Chuck Bourbon Thyme Stew & Garlic Toast.

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • #13) Bacon potato chowder with lil smokies.

• #14) Smoked And Cast Iron Cooked Elk Burger Taco Soup!

• #15) Ground Vegetable Soup with Smoked Chuck

• #16) Pizza soup in a homemade bread bowl.

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • #17) Colorado style, Pueblo pork green chili.

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
I'd like to start this with an apology. I try to reply to each entry in some capacity just to let you know I got it and to thank you for sending it in. Sadly, time did not permit me to reply to the last several entries that came in. For that, I do apologize. I did however take time to go back through all my recent PM's to ensure that I didn't miss anybody, saved them all in a separate folder, and made a list of them to reference back to :emoji_wink:

After a slow start to the entries coming in, we got a last minute deluge and man oh man, some truly incredible entries. These creations range from basic soul-warming comfort food to over-the-top culinary masterpieces. In all the TD's I've been involved with, I honestly don't think I've ever seen such a diverse or creative bunch of submissions. This is yet another time that it does not suck being me....because I don't have to vote :emoji_laughing: As tough as some have been in the past, this one is gonna reign supreme insofar as difficulty picking your favorite. There are enough entries here that I gave serious consideration to doing two voting polls again then having a final run-off with the top 8. Last time we did that though it seemed to drag things out too long and folks lost interest so this is just one really big poll :emoji_laughing: After all the fanfare, let's get down to the entries shall we?

#1) "Smoked oxtail soup, with Piedmontese stew beef, carrots, celery, potatoes and sweet corn, simmered 30 hours. Sided with hickory smoked bacon and blue cheese crumb topped Brussel sprouts and some homemade bread!"
1708428420922.png

#2) Belgian Beer-Cheese Soup With Fresh Smoked Sausage In A Homemade Pretzel Bread Bowl, Topped With Crispy Bacon And Scallions, With Homemade Pickled Vegetables And Smoked Pickles On The Side
1708428949893.png

#3) This is a simple chicken noodle soup made from the leftover meat and bones (the bone broth pictured) of a rotisserie bird that I smoked over lump charcoal and cherry chunks in my KJ.
1708429032998.png

#4) Here is my Ham and Beans entry.
1708429487603.png

#5) Double soup black garlic oil miso ramen with homemade noodles, cold-smoked soy marinated pork belly, ajitama egg, tatsoi, dark purple opal basil, corn and grated salt-cured duck egg yolk.
1708429548335.png

#6) Tonkotsu Ramen with smoker-braised Pork Chashu and Shoyu Tare
Topped with an ajitama egg, fish cakes, scallions, Enoki mushrooms, pickled bamboo shoots, nori, and Sansho Pepper-Miso chili oil.
*Tonkotsu (pork) broth, Pork Chashu, Shoyu Tare (soy sauce seasoning), and ajitama egg all house made from scratch.
1708429636051.png

#7) Hearty Italian Sausage & Peppers soup with Garlic Rosemary Parm Biscuits, Rich tomato based broth with hints of fennel, oregano and basil. Hearty amounts of spicy Italian sausage, peppers and onions. Flavor along with the biscuits captures the essence of a great Italian sausage and pepper sandwich in a bowl!
1708429742904.png

#8) It’s Mardi Gras! Presented here is a hearty hickory-smoked chicken and andouille gumbo over rice. Also, Maque Choux, a spicy Cajun corn-and-peppers side dish, and corn bread with jalapeños and red bell peppers. Served alongside a Hurricane cocktail, made from scratch.
1708429897835.png

#9) Smoked chicken soup with homemade bread
1708430005722.png

#10) Mexican chicken stew, has chicken, black beans, corn, cumin, chili powder, purreed chipotles and a dash of ancho chili powder, I topped mine with some cheese, but wife put guac and sour cream on hers
1708430296626.png

#11) Made up a batch of Chili for Super Bowl Sunday and it timed right for the TD. Sirloin Tip roast was cubed up for the chili instead of ground beef. The chili was smoked on the smoker 6-7 hours at 225 degrees.
1708430421298.png

#12) Smoked Beef Chuck Bourbon Thyme Stew & Garlic Toast.
1708430535099.png

#13) Bacon potato chowder with lil smokies.
1708431163004.png

#14) Smoked And Cast Iron Cooked Elk Burger Taco Soup!
1708431262912.png

#15) Ground Vegetable Soup with Smoked Chuck
This hearty and delicious soup is made with home made beef broth from soup bones, onions, and carrots. Smoked a chuck roast and placed the broth under it to catch the drippings and develop a slight smokey flavor. This soup is loaded with flavor from the ground up (through a grinder) chuck, peas, corn, green beans, onions, carrots, chili beans, and potatoes. Add in a blend of spices, diced tomatoes and V8 juice to create a near perfect and filling comfort food. This soup has been passed down in my family from the great depression era that I have modified by smoking the beef and stock and using V8 instead of tomato juice.
1708431352914.png

#16) Pizza soup in a homemade bread bowl. My pizza soup had hamburger, homemade Italian sausage, pepperoni, bacon, mushrooms, and onion.
1708431501927.png

#17) Colorado style, Pueblo pork green chili.
1708431632376.png

Absolute best of luck to all who participated and thank you VERY much for showing your support. We got several entries from the mainstay folks who regularly participate and I was blown away with the number of folks entering this one who had never entered before. Hats off to everybody!! Y'all sure didn't make things easy on the forum members to pick a favorite. This poll will run for 7 days. Within a day or two of the voting culmination, we will try to announce all of the winners. Take your time and make sure of your vote please. Once cast, you will not have the opportunity to change it.

Let's get ready to rumble!!
Robert

Goodness, Gracious, Great-Balls of fire!!! Those are some of the finest examples of soups, stews and chili's I've ever seen. Good luck to all. It's gonna be a tough one for sure.

Chris

BTW. For those folks that entered. Please remember not to start a thread, or post anything about your entry in anyone else's thread until AFTER ALL the judging is complete and the winners thread has been announced publicly. We really don't want to DQ any of these fantastic entries for jumping the gun.

Wow... and I was trying to get an entry done but just didn't have the time. Been a busy few weeks. This is gonna be a tough pick.

I absolutely love all the entries! Looks like alot of fun was had by all the entrants. And a great turnout!

Ryan

Reactions: JLeonard
How in the heck are we supposed to only pick one? Wow, I actually considered sending in an entry and now I'm glad I didn't. Gonna have to up my game to play with this crowd. Congrats & good luck to all entrants. I'm actually gonna ponder a bit before I cast my vote.

Great turnout for sure. I'm gonna have to study these awhile to narrow it down to one. They all look worthy.

Man oh man there was some really good eating by lots of peps.....oh and that turned out to make some nice TD entries as well. This is going to be enjoyable watching this unfold!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky