Amish Mustard Eggs ...My Mom said to share this with you guys...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
mine did especially before I got it to a boil. I need to look at it this afternoon when I get home. I wonder if I need to shake the container up each day. It seemed the pics people posted on here, the liquid wasn't separated at all.

I just give mine a quick shake everyday and it looks fine, it just tends to separate a bit.

I’m sure it will be good, only a few days left to try. I’m trying to hold out for a week.

Yeah these are good! I’ll make them again. Since I didn’t have any plain mustard, I used spicy mustard and I also used mustard powder instead of seeds (I found them in my cluttered slice cabinet AFTER the brine was made! Lol)

I also added a sliced jalapeño and sliced onion. They have no heat with the jalapeño and spicy mustard.

Talk about a gassy lunch:
BDA91A62-9442-418E-8CAA-577F46A3FC86.jpeg

I just made these for the first time on friday. I ate the first one this morning and they are amazing. I will definitely be making these in the future for family gatherings.

Thanks to the OP & the bumps, as it really is a cracking recipe, pleased I stumbled over it a coupla weeks ago. There's only two left of the dozen I made, so will double up the next batch.

I got smart and hid a stash of eggs I did almost a month ago in the back of the refrigerator. Every so often I'll grab one. They get better each week. Got 4 left. Need to make a few more.

Wow glad this got bumped just tried my first one last night and it was awesome.

How's yours Bear?

Warren

Let you know tomorrow.
Had a Kidney Doc Apt, then stopped @ “Trivet” for Supper. (Fried Oysters)

Now I’m to full to try one—-Will try tomorrow.

Bear

Reactions: Big Glenn
I've got two batches on the fridge, both of the Amish variety. The one batch is as described in the recipe, but I've added about a dozen cloves of garlic. The second batch I added garlic, five habeneros and two jalepenos. I'm hoping it'll be spicy. I also substituted 1/2 tsp of Turmeric for the food coloring. Stay tuned....
So how’d the second batch turn out? Get heat from the habanero in it ?

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
So, I've been stalking this thread for some time now, and decided to pull the trigger, and give it a go.

I used the second generation recipe on this thread ... the one with brown sugar, as that is what I have on hand. I also opted to omit the the food coloring, and include a huge pinch of saffron- I have a HUGE tin of Iranian saffron, and I can be liberal with it's use.

I started these last Sunday, and will wait until next Saturday to try one. I am giving them a gentle turn twice daily to keep all of the goodness suspended in the liquid.
thumbnail.jpeg

Last edited:
I need to make these again, thanks for the reminder. I used 2 jalapeño peppers last time, I couldn’t taste the heat, jalapeños were tasty though...maybe I’ll throw my extra Tabasco peppers in.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky