1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Amish Mustard Eggs ...My Mom said to share this with you guys...

Discussion in 'Side Items' started by lisacsco, Jul 18, 2010.

1. xray

xray Master of the Pit

I just give mine a quick shake everyday and it looks fine, it just tends to separate a bit.

I’m sure it will be good, only a few days left to try. I’m trying to hold out for a week.

2. xray

xray Master of the Pit

Yeah these are good! I’ll make them again. Since I didn’t have any plain mustard, I used spicy mustard and I also used mustard powder instead of seeds (I found them in my cluttered slice cabinet AFTER the brine was made! Lol)

I also added a sliced jalapeño and sliced onion. They have no heat with the jalapeño and spicy mustard.

Talk about a gassy lunch:
    BDA91A62-9442-418E-8CAA-577F46A3FC86.jpeg

3. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Got mind in fridge for 72 hour rest.

Warren

4. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Group Lead OTBS Member

Me Too.

Bear

5. JZ_Focus

JZ_Focus Fire Starter

I just made these for the first time on friday. I ate the first one this morning and they are amazing. I will definitely be making these in the future for family gatherings.

6. Fran

Fran Fire Starter

Thanks to the OP & the bumps, as it really is a cracking recipe, pleased I stumbled over it a coupla weeks ago. There's only two left of the dozen I made, so will double up the next batch.

7. HalfSmoked

Wow glad this got bumped just tried my first one last night and it was awesome.

How's yours Bear?

Warren

8. I got smart and hid a stash of eggs I did almost a month ago in the back of the refrigerator. Every so often I'll grab one. They get better each week. Got 4 left. Need to make a few more.

9. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Group Lead OTBS Member

Let you know tomorrow.
    Had a Kidney Doc Apt, then stopped @ “Trivet” for Supper. (Fried Oysters)

Now I’m to full to try one—-Will try tomorrow.

Bear

10. HalfSmoked

Show off oysters for real. :emoji_disappointed:

Warren

11. Winterrider

Winterrider Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Couldn't take the suspense anymore, have to try a batch. No alterations for round 1. :emoji_wink:
    20190514_124631.jpg

JZ_Focus and Derek717 like this.
  12. Winterrider

Winterrider Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Forgot to post a follow-up, these turned out fantastic. Will definitely make again soon.