Reverse Sear Tomahawk with Pommes Pave' ( also Lemon Fudge for after )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oh Brother! That is a gorgeous cook. I'd been all over that with a quickness. And gnawing the bone. I'm making note of that sauce.....I'm betting it would go great on a lot of different beef cuts.

Jim

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Oh Brother! That is a gorgeous cook. I'd been all over that with a quickness. And gnawing the bone. I'm making note of that sauce.....I'm betting it would go great on a lot of different beef cuts.

Jim

Thanks Jim for the like and the comment

Glad you think it was a good cook, I know most like to see rare or so. But this was very tender and juicy.

And the sauce was very nice .
and very easy. For us whipping cream is 35% so easy to find around here for things like this. That is also what I used for the Pommes Pave' sauce.

David

Reactions: JLeonard
David that all looks fantastic! The cream sauce sounds great too. You've really peaked my interest with lemon fudge!! I love lemon desserts. Going to search for a keto version to do.

David that all looks fantastic! The cream sauce sounds great too. You've really peaked my interest with lemon fudge!! I love lemon desserts. Going to search for a keto version to do.

Thanks Jeff for the like and the comment

It was a very nice meal and the roast/ steak was great
The fudge is just like Lemon Meringue pie in a little square.
Here is the recipe , see if you can do it your way. You might have to print it off to read or blow it up some.

DSC_8695.JPG

David

Thanks John for the love and the comment

Yes good meal , and I Know I know , too done for many on here . ha ha

The potatoes were fun to do that way, my Mandolin would not cut them thin enough , so I used just a knife.
What did you slice yours with when you did yours ?

Both the sauces were good , the one for the Pommes and the Mustard cream for the meat

David
Laughing :emoji_laughing:
Had to poke fun at the leather, I mean... Steak.
Man I know, my MiL likes her meat well done too, and my FiL medium.

I used my mandolin, it goes down to 1/16".
Your cream sauce for the Pave sounds delicious.
Now I'll tell ya what I need, I need something that cuts Hasselback taters for me.

Beautiful cook, looks amazing!! I have actually over cooked a few times and still been surprised how tender and juicy a steak can be. Think you just have to hit that sweet spot where it is good for folks who want it well but still is ok for those that don't. My preference is a bit more red and that's me but I have friends that like it burnt, to each his own right!

I used my mandolin, it goes down to 1/16".
Your cream sauce for the Pave sounds delicious.
Now I'll tell ya what I need, I need something that cuts Hasselback taters for me.

Ha Ha , I know , I was going for around 150 but it stepped up a bit , but still very good and not dry at all.
I will post the recipe , even though I know you have the how to for the Pave' just for what went into it.
But I added the sauce and potatoes into a bowl to coat all before the build.

I will have to get a new mandolin that is adjustable, as I like thinner sometimes, we make a lot of scalloped potatoes

As for the hasselback, I use to wooden spoons on either side of the potato to stop the knife from going all the way through

Not my picture, just showing what I mean.

1697535521648.png
DSC_8696.JPG

David

Reactions: chilerelleno
Beautiful cook, looks amazing!! I have actually over cooked a few times and still been surprised how tender and juicy a steak can be. Think you just have to hit that sweet spot where it is good for folks who want it well but still is ok for those that don't. My preference is a bit more red and that's me but I have friends that like it burnt, to each his own right!

Thanks Redicans for the comment

Thanks, I was going for 150 but it went to 152, so was looking for Med, next time I will go for 145 + , just to see on a big slab like this.
But it was very juicy as you can see on the cutting board, and all the dark meat lovers at the table were very happy. lol

David

Reactions: Redicans
Ha Ha , I know , I was going for around 150 but it stepped up a bit , but still very good and not dry at all.
I will post the recipe , even though I know you have the how to for the Pave' just for what went into it.
But I added the sauce and potatoes into a bowl to coat all before the build.

I will have to get a new mandolin that is adjustable, as I like thinner sometimes, we make a lot of scalloped potatoes

As for the hasselback, I use to wooden spoons on either side of the potato to stop the knife from going all the way through

Not my picture, just showing what I mean.

View attachment 678726

David
Yeah I've tried wooden spoons and kabob skewers, they work decently.
But I want something easy like a mandolin.

Another awesome meal David, I won't mention the overdone steak. Just enjoy all the other goodies

Warren

Thanks Warren for the like and the comment

Not over done here :) , going for 150 and yes it went to 152. so very close to what I was aiming for .
And all the side were good.
And then some Lemon Meringue Pie in a little square. Nice

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky