Pickled eggs. Different approach.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Awesome Steve! My Grandpa used to do pickled eggs… I miss them a lot! Real nice twist on the traditional pickled eggs!

Definitely going to try this… and the hot sauce… and the onions…. And I’m sure you have something else in the works too! 😉

Reactions: Steve H
Awesome Steve! My Grandpa used to do pickled eggs… I miss them a lot! Real nice twist on the traditional pickled eggs!

Definitely going to try this… and the hot sauce… and the onions…. And I’m sure you have something else in the works too! 😉
Thanks! I am brainstorming a idea from something I still haven't perfected yet. I think I may have found an answer.

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
So. I just had one. I'm not sure if it was the brine I used or what. But the eggs were velvet smooth. And delicious! The taste had mild heat. And the brine from the hot sauce gave it a very nice funk. I'm going to take out a loan from my 401K. And do a gallon jar batch. :emoji_laughing:
DA5CD588-049F-4961-9164-EBEBA50071F0.gif

• Haha
So. I just had one. I'm not sure if it was the brine I used or what. But the eggs were velvet smooth. And delicious! The taste had mild heat. And the brine from the hot sauce gave it a very nice funk. I'm going to take out a loan from my 401K. And do a gallon jar batch. :emoji_laughing:
I was thinking about that myself. That's a lot of hot sauce. Looking for another pickled egg recipe. The mustard's where OK but want to do something different.

I am banned from making pickled eggs ever again. 3 weeks prior, I made up a bunch to take with me to our family trip to the cabin. I forgot I had brought them until day 3. I was so excited I remembered them, I busted them out and as soon as I cracked open the lid, the whole cabin smelled like a full pit toilet baking in 100 degree heat. I was able to choke them down, but I was banished to the outside with them and to NEVER make them again. No specific recipe, just a bunch of liquid and sauces I found in the fridge I boiled together for a brine. MAN DID THEY STINK. But I enjoyed them. You know their a good batch when it burns a bit while "crop dusting". GOOD TIMES!!

• Haha
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky