Amish Mustard Eggs ...My Mom said to share this with you guys...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

...she said if you like pickled eggs, you will loooooove these!

AMISH MUSTARD EGGS

Boil and Peel 12 eggs and put into a heat proof container.

4 Tablespoons yellow mustard
2/3 cup of sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup white vinegar
3/4 cup water
2 drops of yellow food coloring

Mix all ingrediants in saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring almost constantly.

Pour sauce over eggs.

Let cool.

Put container in Fridge for 72 hours to let eggs absorb the sauce.

Mom swears you will eat the whole dozen. They will remind you of pickled deviled eggs!
My thing today is reviving old delicious threads. I am going to make these tomorrow for sure!!

I just picked up 2 doz eggs because my pickled egg jar is near empty. I re-use the brine at least once, maybe twice if my memory fails. I use turmeric instead of yellow food coloring. Lucky for me, the wife doesn't much care for pickled eggs.

Reactions: jcam222
I just picked up 2 doz eggs because my pickled egg jar is near empty. I re-use the brine at least once, maybe twice if my memory fails. I use turmeric instead of yellow food coloring. Lucky for me, the wife doesn't much care for pickled eggs.
Good idea! I have plenty of time turmeric

My first batch was at 72 hours tonight. Just had one. Delicious! Just started another 2 dozen batch because these won’t last long. I think on the next batch I made add some crushed red pepper for spicy sweet mustard eggs.

Man they look so good. Just added this to my Christmas Day recipe list, make them ready for Christmas Day.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky