Easy Pork Roast with Apricot/Sage Glaze

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Count Porcula

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2020
People on this forum have been extremely helpful to me, so I would like to contribute a pork recipe. I just made it today on my new Napoleon Prestige grill. I used to use my Ronco rotisserie, but now that I have a gas rotisserie, I can do a way with a lot of the cleanup.

This recipe is not just good; it's amazing. I came up with it in around 2007. I just made it today for dinner, and I can't believe how great it is. It's extremely simple, too.

INGREDIENTS

2-3 pounds pork roast (shoulder)
12 oz. apricot or peach nectar
1/2 cup sweet Marsala or Harvey's Bristol Cream
1 tsp. sage
several cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. starch

Take the bone out of the roast, salt it all over, tie it up, and leave it in the fridge for at least a day.

Pour the nectar and wine into a saucepan, and stir in the starch. Add everything else and boil until you have a thick sauce that will stick to the roast.

Cook on a rotisserie and apply all of the sauce. That's all you have to know. Don't let the inner temperature go over 145. That ruins it.

It's really nice if the sauce burns a little. The Ronco did this very well. I am going to have to get to know the Napoleon to get the same effect, but you can follow up with a plumber's torch.

Fried apples are an excellent side. Sorry I don't have a precise recipe. I cut a Granny Smith in pieces with the peel on, and I fry it in butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, a sprinkle of salt, and a tiny bit of nutmeg. You can also add brandy and boil it off. You want the apples to get brown and caramelize. Best to use a big pan so the apples make good contact for browning.

This roast is extremely easy to make, and you won't believe how good it is.

You can probably make this with other fruit juices like pineapple or mango. I haven't tried anything but peach and apricot. I have a stuffing recipe to go with it. I once put this sauce on a whole pig, filled it with stuffing, and roasted it on a spit. When the pig was opened up, a cloud of intoxicating steam rose up and swept over everyone who was there. Really nice.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky