Something to Take Our Minds off of Our Current Situation.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
True. I’m a big petty fan. Sad its all considered classic rock nowadays. Most of what I saw mentioned was considered classic figured I would toss out a little diversity see if anyone liked anything “newer” per se.

Reactions: bdawg
About a year or so ago, I saw what is probably the best cover of a song that I've ever seen.
The heavy metal band Disturbed did a cover of Simon and Garfunkel's Sound of Silence.
(it is NOT a heavy metal version of the song)
It is absolutely incredible and I highly recommend checking it out if you have never heard/seen it:

Last edited:
That was very good. I'm a huge S + G fan. Seen 2 of their reuninons in the 2000's. This was an excellent rendition of one of their best songs. Thanks for sharing.

Odd...unless I've overlooked a couple I don't know that I have seen Rush or Springsteen mentioned. I don't see any way they have NOT been mentioned so it's probably just a mental lapse on my part.

Another one this thread has brought back fond memories of that I've not thought about in years is April Wine. God I loved that group!! Roll a couple of numbers, fill a cooler with ice and beer, head off to the park with that blasting on the mega-stereo I had in my '69 VW Bug. Oh the life of a careless teenager...but it sure was fun :emoji_laughing:

At this snapshot in time, I really miss being irresponsible and reckless,
Robert

Odd...unless I've overlooked a couple I don't know that I have seen Rush or Springsteen mentioned. I don't see any way they have NOT been mentioned so it's probably just a mental lapse on my part.

Another one this thread has brought back fond memories of that I've not thought about in years is April Wine. God I loved that group!! Roll a couple of numbers, fill a cooler with ice and beer, head off to the park with that blasting on the mega-stereo I had in my '69 VW Bug. Oh the life of a careless teenager...but it sure was fun :emoji_laughing:

At this snapshot in time, I really miss being irresponsible and reckless,
Robert
Absolutely agree about Rush & Springsteen. And April Wine, Aldo Nova, Nantucket & Billy Squier all had great albums that came out around the same time. Haven't thought of them in a long time.

Don't sell Potsie Webber short. I think he had a few hits that charted. LOL.

Just got back from taking a beautiful wife and a spoiled fat dog to the park for a waddle and a swim. Thought of a few more that I don't know that I've seen listed yet.

-Supretramp
-Warren Zevon
-Steve Winwood
-Yusef "Cat" Stevens
-Kansas
-Nazareth
-Robert Palmer

I think those are it...for now.

I got a bad case of lovin' you!!
Robert

A lot of great mentions in here! Growing up in east TN southern rock is a staple so those bands are always some of my favorite.

Can anyone name a group from say mid 90’s up through current they like?

A few of my faves...

Red hot chili peppers
Pearl jam
Live
Soundgarden
Metallica
Stone temple pilots

Thank you. I was about to give up hope realizing that I apparently must be 30 or 40 years too young to belong to this forum...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky