Something to Take Our Minds off of Our Current Situation.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yes to all!!

I grew up with 80s/90s music but I like music from all decades and genres. My Ipod selection is pretty diverse and you could listen to it for probably 2 weeks straight without repeating a song.

I was never into breaking ben. They are from my area (Wilkes-Barre) and have seen them a few times before they got big. I think of them as Nickleback, never really got into them either since it all sounded paint-by-numbers rock at that time. My favorite music from that area is probably Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Grew up listening to the beastie boys, that's a flash from the past.

Any love for jam bands like Widespread panic and OAR?
Joe, I was a huge Nickelback fan, still am but don't play it as much lately, I have all their albums...

Damn man forgot all about these bands! Funny you should mention widespread...many many years ago I went to a widespread concert on 4/20. Haze of smoke :emoji_laughing:

Dude that's crazy! Makes for some good memories though. The Zac Brown Jimmy Buffet stuff is pretty good. I mean its hard to dislike Jimmy Buffet.
John, don't forget Kenny Chesney when you mention Zac and Jimmy....

John

Reactions: xray
I completely agree, he may be the best guitarist around these days. We saw him 12 rows back from the stage, center aisle. We were going to get tickets for his show in Phoenix but Covid-19 came to town instead. On yeah, we'rve got $800 wrapped up into a couple of seats in Reno for the middle of July to see Toby Keith, if they don't cancel the show by then we'll just eat them and not go. RAY

Actually took my wife to see him on our honeymoon. like his style or not...have to appreciate his talent!
Sweet! Would love to see Toby!

Ok, you got me - I am now hooked on Joe Bonamassa.

Creating a Pandora playlist right now.

I have heard his name over the years but never really listened to him. Now I know why everybody raves about him.

John

One of the reasons this is a good thread is it gives you ideas on what to download. I don’t add much music these days, but you wind up going down a rabbit hole of new music when you check other people’s suggestions.

LOL, Robert!!
You say you took "A beautiful wife" to the park.

That wording Sounds like it was either "Somebody else's wife", or you have more than one, and you only took one.

Wow Bear. My most sincere apologies sir. I guess I neglected to mention that I'm schizophrenic. That was the other me taking Robert's wife and her fat dog to the park :emoji_anguished: Neither one of me has a dog so it must have been Tracy's dog that slobbered all over the dashboard of Robert's truck. Since we only have one truck, we share it when we take Tracy out.

Not really, just a poor choice of words I guess :emoji_wink:
Robert

About a year or so ago, I saw what is probably the best cover of a song that I've ever seen.
The heavy metal band Disturbed did a cover of Simon and Garfunkel's Sound of Silence.
(it is NOT a heavy metal version of the song)
It is absolutely incredible and I highly recommend checking it out if you have never heard/seen it:

Never heard it before, great! Maybe better then Simon and gar.

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Other stuff like Sir mix a lot, Afroman, Vanilla Ice, and the Beastie Boys.

WTH Vanilla Ice!!! Really John, are you a teenage girl? Your so close to being placed on the ignored list.

Chris

Here's another couple of covers:

...and

Chris

Reactions: xray
Steve I think you forgot to put Robert's other favorite on here.

Y'all think you have me figured out but you only know the half of it :emoji_astonished: Go check out some stuff by Oscar Brand and a few that David Allan Coe wrote when he was in prison :emoji_laughing: You may not be ready for that but please keep the tributes coming. I'm honored....

Really not but having fun,
Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky