Pork Tenderloins - Kettle Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Well, another week of vacation has arrived, and with it came New England's version of Texas weather. 90+* heat with high humidity. Needless to say, the beer pole got a good work-out.

Let's start this thread off:
DSC03924.JPG

Broke out a couple tenderloins for the Misses and I. One coated with Shake-n-Bake, and the other with Mo Casons pork rub.

DSC03918.JPG

Fired up the 22" Kettle with the charcoal baskets and laid a couple of spuds down.
DSC03920.JPG

After a short spell on go the loins:
DSC03921.JPG

Pulled at 139* rested and sliced at 145*
DSC03929.JPG

Plated with the spud.
DSC03930.JPG

All in all, this was a very successful dinner. Not only did it taste good, but it didn't add any additional heat to our living quarters.

Thanks for looking.

Chris

Note: I did make an apple cider reduction sauce for the pork, but the pics were taken before I added it.

Love some pork tenderloins. yours looks great. And like you i've started doing two in different styles of rub. The 14yo pit and I like it a little more spicy while the wife and MIL dont.
And extra points for not heating the house up. Lord knows the AC is working hard enough as it is.
Jim

Reactions: gmc2003
Love some pork tenderloins. yours looks great. And like you i've started doing two in different styles of rub. The 14yo pit and I like it a little more spicy while the wife and MIL dont.
And extra points for not heating the house up. Lord knows the AC is working hard enough as it is.
Jim
Thanks Jim, Having two tenders with two different flavor profiles makes the next nighters more enjoyable. Plus it gives us a chance to experiment with different flavors, and not having to worry about what we're gonna eat if one doesn't work out the way we thought.

great looking food!! enjoy your vacation!
Appreciate it bern. Most summers I take every other week off during the months of June, July and August. It makes the summers go by quickly, but it's nice having all that free time. Now if I could only get the old lady to stop adding to my honey-do list.

Chris

Reactions: JLeonard
Looking good Chris, we like those inner loins too. Big points for dealing with the heat over hot coals.

Thanks Edge, Cooking outside is still better then cooking inside during heat waves. Especially when your not really used to all the heat.

Chris

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Looks great Chris, need to do this on the kettle as well. If the heat is anything like it is down here you might need to fire up that secondary beer pole in the background.

Perfect looking cook Chris, reckon you had your green veggie on the side :emoji_wink:. That cider reduction sounds like a nice add.
High 90's? We're in a cold snap like that here, first time under 110º in a couple months. Enjoy that heat, sounds like it's about over for you folks. RAY

Super looking supper, Chris.
The Shake-n-Bake loin really caught my eye.

Stu
Thanks Stu, I was brought up with SnB and figured I'd take try it on the grill a few years ago. It work well with chops - so I tried it on tenderloins. Works perfectly.

They look good , we're finally done with those 90 plus days for a while anyway, texas can have that.
Appreciate it Jim. Ya I have a hard time with excessive heat and humidity. I think we may be over it also. This morning it was back in the low 70s.

Chris

Looks great Chris, need to do this on the kettle as well. If the heat is anything like it is down here you might need to fire up that secondary beer pole in the background.

Thanks Cliff, That second beer pole is a little to far for me to walk to in this heat. Plus being 6'5" I'd have to bend over to use it, and that's a little to close to being considered exercise. I used to have a couple of blue ice cozy's that worked great, now if I could only find them.
Perfect looking cook Chris, reckon you had your green veggie on the side :emoji_wink:. That cider reduction sounds like a nice add.
High 90's? We're in a cold snap like that here, first time under 110º in a couple months. Enjoy that heat, sounds like it's about over for you folks. RAY

Appreciate it Ray.
Ha, I forgot to cook a veggie, but I did have a can of Spicy V8 juice with the meal. The cider reduction is perfect for a meal like this in the heat. It's lite and adds just enough flavor without overpowering the meat. Reduce the cider by about half, add three slices of butter(each one about the size you'd put on toast), a little nutmeg and cinnamon and your in business.

Chris

Reactions: sawhorseray
Great lookin pork loins. Love to cook them on the kettle.
Haven't tried the shake and bake on one tho
Thanks Newglide, and you should give it a whirl someday. The kettle works wonders on tenderloins and there's so many different rubs/coatings that can be used.

Chris

Those tenderloins look fantastic Chris!
I would love to sample both of them!
Al
Appreciate it Al. Between the loin, chops, and tenderloins. Tenderloins are our clear favorite.

Chris

Hey Chris, I just picked up a 3lb pork roast that is rubbed in the fridge. how long did your go? My roast looks thicker than than the loin but looking forward to it.

Hey Chris, I just picked up a 3lb pork roast that is rubbed in the fridge. how long did your go? My roast looks thicker than than the loin but looking forward to it.
Hey Cliff, for these I put them in kettle while it was heating up to when it settled in at 250*. They took roughly 1.5 hrs to cook.
That’s the second time in a week I’ve seen something smoked with breading. It looks like a great idea. Also second time in a day I’ve seen the beer pole.
Appreciate it Sven. I've always like the flavor of SnB. Now I like it more that it's grilled/smoked on the pork.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky