Pork Tenderloin - Kettle Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Well I almost didn't post this cook, because it pales in comparison to Jim's( JLeonard JLeonard ) post earlier. Then I thought ah what the heck. I've posted much worse.

First our driveway contractor showed up today and finished off our driveway. Yipppie!!!!
DSC05263.JPG

DSC05265.JPG

So yesterday I gave a tender the shake-n-bake treatment and coated it with Kinders Garlic rub.
DSC05243.JPG

Can't forget my sous-chef.
DSC05246.JPG

and onto the Kettle with a chunk of apple wood:
DSC05248.JPG

Change the direction so the fat part is closer to the heat - I also added a couple two slices of pineapple. I know it's not avocado.
DSC05251.JPG

and it's done
DSC05255.JPG

Sliced up with some garlic cheesy mashed potatoes
DSC05260.JPG

Almost forgot the gravy shot:
DSC05262.JPG

Well thats about all of it. Thanks for looking

Chris

Looks delicious.
So does your driveway. I would so like to have asphalt so wasn't slinging rocks with snow blower every yr.

Reactions: gmc2003
Looks delicious.
So does your driveway. I would so like to have asphalt so wasn't slinging rocks with snow blower every yr.
Thanks Winter. I battled the stones for 35 years because I didn't want to pay the added taxes for increasing the houses value. Now that the kids are long gone and money is freer. The wife and I decided it was time.

Chris

That looks delicious Chris, you can keep the pineapple so that means I get an extra slice of pork? Seems fair. Nice work.

That looks delicious Chris, you can keep the pineapple so that means I get an extra slice of pork? Seems fair. Nice work.
Thanks Edge, Pineapple I know I like. So that's a no-brainer. Now if it was a slice of avocado then we'd have some more negotiations ahead of us.

Chris

Looks good Chris . I like the pineapple too . Pork is cooked perfect .
Driveway looks great . Good idea to park on the lawn . That way the driveway doesn't wear out .
Thanks for posting .

nice pavement work! Nice loin as well!
Thanks Civil, Outside of our living room smelling like asphalt for a couple of hours we're happy as heck. I forgot to close the window while they were paving Ooops.

Oh man no Shame in that tenderloin. Looks mighty fine from here.
and that drive just screams out for a burnout on it! Or at least my teenage soul says!

Jim
Appreciate Jim, and whoever does a burnout on the drive, gets a beat-down from the old man. My son has already been warned. LOL

Chris

Looks good Chris . I like the pineapple too . Pork is cooked perfect .
Driveway looks great . Good idea to park on the lawn . That way the driveway doesn't wear out .
Thanks for posting .
Thanks Rich supper was great, but that bacon on Jim's looked really great. Yeah we have to park on the lawn for about 3 to 4 days to allow the asphalt to cure. Technically we could drive on it, but since we don't use the garage they recommend we wait, They didn't want us parking on it for extended periods of time.
Well if it was avocado I’d take a little of each. Love avocado I’ll put that sh!t on almost anything. Unless it was grilled, avocado does not grill well.
Good to know they don't take to the grill very well Edge. I love grilling certain fruits, and pineapple goes really well with pork.

Chris

Looks great, your taxes will go up with a new driveway? We are about to do a 100K kitchen reno, can't imagine what the increase would be if they did that here. But then again, they are already high now.

Thanks Cliff, a kitchen remodel wouldn't affect our taxes unless we added additional sq. footage to our house. Like we did with our dining room addition 30 yrs. ago. Or if you got rid of a room and expanded the kitchen into that room. A paved driveway adds more value to your house than a gravel or dirt driveway. It doesn't make any sense because we didn't need a building permit to pave our driveway, but the next time we get a reappraisal we'll get nailed. If the appraiser notices. Vt. is kind of funny that way. It's like I pay more in taxes on the condo we own in Burlington than we do for our house in the country. Even though the condo is quite a bit smaller sq. footage wise, and it's only about 15 min. down the road.

Chris

Thanks Cliff, a kitchen remodel wouldn't affect our taxes unless we added additional sq. footage to our house. Like we did with our dining room addition 30 yrs. ago. Or if you got rid of a room and expanded the kitchen into that room. A paved driveway adds more value to your house than a gravel or dirt driveway. It doesn't make any sense because we didn't need a building permit to pave our driveway, but the next time we get a reappraisal we'll get nailed. If the appraiser notices. Vt. is kind of funny that way. It's like I pay more in taxes on the condo we own in Burlington than we do for our house in the country. Even though the condo is quite a bit smaller sq. footage wise, and it's only about 15 min. down the road.

Chris
Why would it make a difference if you moved the kitchen into another room W/O adding any square footage? That is exactly what we are doing.

I figured . It looks great . They did a nice job .
Thanks, these guys were real pro's. My biggest fear were the leaves. Our maples are starting to drop leaves in big bunches. I had to use our leaf blower this morning as the drive was completely covered.
Why would it make a difference if you moved the kitchen into another room W/O adding any square footage? That is exactly what we are doing.
I'm not sure the exact reason. All I know is a friend of mine knocked out the wall between his den and kitchen expanding his kitchen space and his taxes jumped by a sizable amount. Welcome to Vermont
I need a cold one...or twenty...
Stop on by Charles. I've got a few in the fridge. Although it's almost my bed time. I have to work in the morning. So you better hurry.

Chris

Thanks, these guys were real pro's. My biggest fear were the leaves. Our maples are starting to drop leaves in big bunches. I had to use our leaf blower this morning as the drive was completely covered.

I'm not sure the exact reason. All I know is a friend of mine knocked out the wall between his den and kitchen expanding his kitchen space and his taxes jumped by a sizable amount. Welcome to Vermont

Stop on by Charles. I've got a few in the fridge. Although it's almost my bed time. I have to work in the morning. So you better hurry.

Chris
yeah we were looking in lower VT near Mt. Snow for a house before we built PA and the taxes were all over the place....might have to shift to NH if we ever sell PA and want a northern house...son lives in Keene, NH

Hey Chris, I've seen that Narragansett Lager at a Total Wine down here in GA but never tried it. Anything mass produced you would compare it to? I'm thinking I need to give it a try. Not so sure about that Yankees coozie though lol.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky