Pork Tenderloin - Kettle Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
yeah we were looking in lower VT near Mt. Snow for a house before we built PA and the taxes were all over the place....might have to shift to NH if we ever sell PA and want a northern house...son lives in Keene, NH
I'm not 100% sure, but I think you'd be much better off in NH than VT. Especially if you are looking anywhere near the ski slopes, and it's not considered your primary residence.

Hey Chris, I've seen that Narragansett Lager at a Total Wine down here in GA but never tried it. Anything mass produced you would compare it to? I'm thinking I need to give it a try. Not so sure about that Yankees coozie though lol.
That's a tough one. It's basically an inexpensive lager. I'm not sure if you remember or had JW Dundee honey brown, but if I remember correctly they are similar. Just remember my beer tastes lie in the realm of Genny(both cream and regular), PBRs and Narragansett. So I'm not exactly known to be a beer aficionado.

Chris

Reactions: Oldguy68
I'm not 100% sure, but I think you'd be much better off in NH than VT. Especially if you are looking anywhere near the ski slopes, and it's not considered your primary residence.

That's a tough one. It's basically an inexpensive lager. I'm not sure if you remember or had JW Dundee honey brown, but if I remember correctly they are similar. Just remember my beer tastes lie in the realm of Genny(both cream and regular), PBRs and Narragansett. So I'm not exactly known to be a beer aficionado.

Chris
I would rather be near a lake, skiing is getting harder and harder especially the falls at my age.

I forgot that VT seems to hit second homes in VT more than a primary. I wonder if that is the case if you have a primary and secondary home in VT compared to a secondary house there when your primary is in another state?

NH has a "View" tax on property. Told my buddy to come out of the house with dark sunglasses and a red & white cane when the assessor shows up and say "What view?|

Reactions: JLeonard
NH has a "View" tax on property. Told my buddy to come out of the house with dark sunglasses and a red & white cane when the assessor shows up and say "What view?|
How do they measure "view"? what if the neighbors house is a POS to look at? That should lower the tax...lol

Chris
Yeah that makes sense. I remember Dundee vaguely. I drank enough Genessee cream ale to fill up a small pond in the army and PBR is still my beer of choice at Braves games since they don't sell Busch. I absolutely love a German hefe but they are hard to find and expensive.
Good luck with those taxes. We paved our driveway about 10 years ago and got a nice little bump in our property taxes a couple years later. I think it's bs but still worth every penny. The rest of the tax bill not so much. If someone would give me what the county assesses it for I would start packing tonight!
Glad I'm not the only one who likes grilled pineapple. We put it on regular for tacos, salads, pizza, ect.

Reactions: gmc2003
Great tenderloin Chris, and those are the best Avocados yet, I love pineapple and grilled even more.
Mashed and gravy , heaven

I still love your Shake and Back way of grilling.

As for the sous chef ,1 out of 3 ain't bad ( jays and yanks reference )
Always loved a nice new clean driveway,

David

• Haha
Very nice meal Chris. Absolutely no shame in posting that, especially since the iconic beer pole is evident. Pork tenderloin is something I really need to do for mom. she would love it....and God knows I love it :emoji_wink:
I also added a couple two slices of pineapple. I know it's not avocado.
I can forgive you....this time. Not so sure that David ( DRKsmoking DRKsmoking ) will be so forgiving though with no avocados on the plate. He's pretty harsh if you miss those lovely and luscious delicacies.
I need a cold one...or twenty...
Whew....at least I know I'll be in good company :emoji_laughing:
I'm not sure the exact reason. All I know is a friend of mine knocked out the wall between his den and kitchen expanding his kitchen space and his taxes jumped by a sizable amount.
Having been in the home building industry my whole life I may be able to answer that. When building a home, the two most expensive rooms in the house per square foot to build are bathrooms and kitchens. By making the kitchen larger you have essentially added more square footage to the most expensive room in the house thus increasing the overall valuation of the home.

Robert

Having been in the home building industry my whole life I may be able to answer that. When building a home, the two most expensive rooms in the house per square foot to build are bathrooms and kitchens. By making the kitchen larger you have essentially added more square footage to the most expensive room in the house thus increasing the overall valuation of the home.

Robert
I don't want to hear that Robert, we are about to double our kitchen at the expense of a living room we never use, my taxes are high enough...lol Good thing this project will require no inspectors or permits as we are not expanding our footprint.

Now that's my kind of cook, Chris. Looks great! Most of my cooks are just that simple.

I would rather be near a lake, skiing is getting harder and harder especially the falls at my age.

I forgot that VT seems to hit second homes in VT more than a primary. I wonder if that is the case if you have a primary and secondary home in VT compared to a secondary house there when your primary is in another state?
I'm pretty sure it's the same for any secondary home. Plus now a lot of towns are restricting short term rentals.
That plated shot looks beautiful! Gravy and mashed taters is an equal trade for bacon in my book!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan
Great tenderloin Chris, and those are the best Avocados yet, I love pineapple and grilled even more.
Mashed and gravy , heaven

I still love your Shake and Back way of grilling.

As for the sous chef ,1 out of 3 ain't bad ( jays and yanks reference )
Always loved a nice new clean driveway,

David
LOL didn't the Yankees win against the Jays last night. See I told you they were lulling them to sleep and then they're going to pounce on them.

Thanks for like and comment also Dave. The shake-n-bake method keeps all the rub contained. NO MESS to clean up, and if you do it correctly not a lot of waste either.

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Very nice meal Chris. Absolutely no shame in posting that, especially since the iconic beer pole is evident. Pork tenderloin is something I really need to do for mom. she would love it....and God knows I love it :emoji_wink:
Thanks Robert, Outside of ham and bacon. The tender is our favorite.
Sounds reasonable to me.
I don't want to hear that Robert, we are about to double our kitchen at the expense of a living room we never use, my taxes are high enough...lol Good thing this project will require no inspectors or permits as we are not expanding our footprint.
Ca-ching
Now that's my kind of cook, Chris. Looks great! Most of my cooks are just that simple.
Simple is my middle name Colin and thanks.

Chris

Reactions: Colin1230
LOL didn't the Yankees win against the Jays last night. See I told you they were lulling them to sleep and then they're going to pounce on them.

Thanks for like and comment also Dave. The shake-n-bake method keeps all the rub contained. NO MESS to clean up, and if you do it correctly not a lot of waste either.

I watched most of that game last night, It sure was a pitchers game. Nice home run by you guys.

I will be trying the Shake and Bake way very soon ,

David

Looks great, got 1 setting in the fridge and if I get home early again tomorrow might throw it on the kettle with hickory, think it is marinated with something so will have to skip the rub.

Gezz Chris , YOU were right, I will not say that again. :emoji_sunglasses: That is 2 games in a row that we never got a point. We suck lol.
If we don't smarten up , we will not even come close to the wild card spot.
Did I say we suck, well we do.

David

I watched most of that game last night, It sure was a pitchers game. Nice home run by you guys.

I will be trying the Shake and Bake way very soon ,

David
The shake-n-bake method is my favorite way to apply a full rub David. Works really well.
Looks great, got 1 setting in the fridge and if I get home early again tomorrow might throw it on the kettle with hickory, think it is marinated with something so will have to skip the rub.
Thanks Mike. I haven't tried a pre-marinated tender yet. I'm always worried about how they tasted.

Gezz Chris , YOU were right, I will not say that again. :emoji_sunglasses: That is 2 games in a row that we never got a point. We suck lol.
If we don't smarten up , we will not even come close to the wild card spot.
Did I say we suck, well we do.

David
At least Toronto is still in the playoff hunt. We've already been eliminated. What's $ucks even worse is all my NY teams really $uck this year. Going for the sweep tonight.

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Well I almost didn't post this cook, because it pales in comparison to Jim's( @JLeonard ) post earlier. Then I thought ah what the heck. I've posted much worse.

First our driveway contractor showed up today and finished off our driveway. Yipppie!!!!
View attachment 677088
View attachment 677089
So yesterday I gave a tender the shake-n-bake treatment and coated it with Kinders Garlic rub.
View attachment 677090
Can't forget my sous-chef.
View attachment 677091
and onto the Kettle with a chunk of apple wood:
View attachment 677092
Change the direction so the fat part is closer to the heat - I also added a couple two slices of pineapple. I know it's not avocado.
View attachment 677093
and it's done
View attachment 677094
Sliced up with some garlic cheesy mashed potatoes
View attachment 677095
Almost forgot the gravy shot:
View attachment 677096
Well thats about all of it. Thanks for looking

Chris
Very nice presentation. I wish i could personally get excited about tenderloin ( pork)
I guess I'm stuck in he pulled pork/make your bacon/ air fried pork chops when forced by the missus. Now I might have to give it another go.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky