The beer--pole is back in action!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sweet!!! We still have 16 inches of snow in the yard but the sun was out today and the shop we warm enough to work in! Those thighs look tasty!!!
Thanks Civil. Our snow melted a while ago and we suddenly had a bunch of dead skunks show up in the middle of the roads. So I thought spring was finally here. Then I wake up this morning to an inch of fresh snow on the ground. Now I'm depressed. Hopefully it's just sugar snow.
Looks great. And I’m sure the pole has been feeling neglected of late.

Jim
Appreciate it Jim, It finally came woke up from its hibernation, and just in a nick of time.

Chris

One of those thighs and a few slices of that loin would've been downed immediately.
Thanks Jim, but I still had the tips to eat. Also it's my long week at work. So these will disappear shortly from the freezer.
Nice cooks
I need to get a cone for the grill.

You have been pretty warm, too. Any outdoor activities?
Appreciate it John, The Vortex makes high indirect cooking a breeze. Demonstrated by this old fool.

Chris

Looks great ! Like riding a bike for you . I like the Weber seasonings .
You get a chance to use the spinner yet ?
Thanks Rich, I used it once last year and had some technical difficulties. You'll see it more in the mix this year. Bummer is I broke off a fin on my one-step cleaning system yesterday. So I have to order a new system if I want to control the heat on the 22".
Great looking BBQ-ing Chris.
Nice to see your pole in action.... hum that sounded weird:emoji_anguished:

Where is all your white winter fertilizer. I still have 3 or 4 big car sized lumps in the driveway and yard , even after all the rain.

I fired up the Q this morning for a Sunday morning Pizza

David
LOL thanks Dave, and your Canadian so your excused for the bad pun. Luckily we've missed most of the bigger storms of late. They stayed more to the south. I did wake up to an inch or so this morning. Hopefully it's gone by this evening.

Chris

Still ice fishing, waiting for golf 😉
I have a ton of ice fishing gear that never gets used. I'm too old to sit out on the lake and freeze.
a nice hazy, juicy IPA like "Juicebomb"
Remember who your talking to Cliff. My last name isn't Gates or Bezo. In fact most people can't even pronounce my last name correctly, and it only has 4 letters. Three of which are vowels.

Chris

I'm too old to sit out on the lake and freeze.

I hear you on that, we are on the lake , and Mona mentions it every year. And I say I will set you up, but I not sitting out there in or out of a tent. I work in the weather, I will be dammed if I will sit on the ice to fish , I can wait until April/May to start and do it from the dock or the boat. But thats me I'm a wimp.

Yes they are calling for flurries today and it is sitting at 0 C, it was cold and windy Q-ing up my pizza this morning

David

Reactions: gmc2003
I have a ton of ice fishing gear that never gets used. I'm too old to sit out on the lake and freeze.

Remember who your talking to Cliff. My last name isn't Gates or Bezo. In fact most people can't even pronounce my last name correctly, and it only has 4 letters. Three of which are vowels.

Chris
Forgot you are a Brooklyn Itralion...lol so
1710085252941.jpeg

• Haha
Forgot you are a Brooklyn Itralion...lol so
That's a Brooklyn Norwegian, with some Irish and German. Who happened to live in an Itralion neighborhood.

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: clifish
I hear you on that, we are on the lake , and Mona mentions it every year. And I say I will set you up, but I not sitting out there in or out of a tent. I work in the weather, I will be dammed if I will sit on the ice to fish , I can wait until April/May to start and do it from the dock or the boat. But thats me I'm a wimp.
I can't even get my wife to shovel the driveway in the winter. Let alone go ice fishing.

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
That is some combo...lol
Yeah, and it almost didn't happen because my mom was Catholic and my dad was a Protestant. Not to mention that she wasn't Norwegian. Which didn't go over well at first with Dad's family.

Chris

Yeah, and it almost didn't happen because my mom was Catholic and my dad was a Protestant. Not to mention that she wasn't Norwegian. Which didn't go over well at first with Dad's family.

Chris
my parents were the same but we were raised Catholic. Now my wife is Jewish so "technically" my kids are Jewish but really did not raise them heavy into either religion.

my parents were the same but we were raised Catholic. Now my wife is Jewish so "technically" my kids are Jewish but really did not raise them heavy into either religion.
I used to like listening to my grandmother tell stories about living in Brooklyn. I don't think anyone had a first or last name. She referred to folks either by their nationality, or ethnicity.

Chris

View attachment 691071
With temps in the lower 40s I decided to fire up the kettle again and make some dinners for future dates. This is my second smoke of 24. Last night I did some sirloin tips for me and a T-bone for the wife. No pics of that cook as is it was spur of the moment smoke.

Thighs go on. Two with a hit of Cabelas garlic rub(a stocking stuffer from my daughter), and the other four with just a basic SOG rub. Added a couple twigs of apple to the mix
View attachment 691073
Added a pork tenderloin covered in a Webers Garlic rub.
View attachment 691074
Pulled the tender and sauced the thighs. After they sat for a spell I vacuum sealed all and placed them in freezer to be called upon at some point in the future.
View attachment 691075

Thanks for looking. The wife went out for supper with her sister and I finished the tips. So this cook was just a restocking adventure.

Chris
Nice work on that Weber.

I see you are rockin’ that Craftsman lawn mower with no mower deck. You racing that thing around the neighborhood?

Nice work on that Weber.

I see you are rockin’ that Craftsman lawn mower with no mower deck. You racing that thing around the neighborhood?

Thanks Justin. The old Craftman has a blown motor. We're just keeping it around because the grandson likes to play on it. We push him around the yard and he pretends to be a farmer.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky