• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pork shoulder on GMG Pellet grill

shipwama

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 20, 2017
First attempt on my new GMG at some pulled pork.
I soaked it in some Dr. Pepper for a few hours. Then rubbed it. Let it sit over night. Placed it on the smoker at 8 am @ 225 and let it go.
Perfect time for it to rest for 1 hour then enjoy it and some cornbread while I watch the Raptors beat up on the Wizards #wethenorth #northovereverything

Q view included

Attachments

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
Dr Pepper pork butt. Nice. There are 1000 uses for DP! B
Like!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Your PP looks mighty fine!
Delicious looking sliders!
Al

gmc2003

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Nice looking pulled pork. I've seen people inject with dr. pepper, but never soak. Interesting.

Point for sure.

Chris

shipwama

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 20, 2017
Thanks Guys, Still getting the hang of this unit. Its quite a bit different than my old Charcoal Offset I had last season.
Forgot to mention, I was using Cookin Pellets Perfect mix pellets

gmc2003, Yes it was something I did just off the top of my head, i think it worked well.

I like to experiment.

kawboy

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 20, 2015
I've used a recipe for some really good marinade for ribs using Dr. pepper. I cook it down to sauce after marinading.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.