[PHOTOS ADDED] 9th Annual South Florida Gathering (December 6th - 8th, Sebring FL)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oh man....as a Florida Gator born and bread this hurts my soul a little also look awesome! The final pic with the bird in the mouth is great. I'd be down.

jarjarchef jarjarchef - I might have to steal this idea for Orlando ;)

Misplaced Nebraskan Misplaced Nebraskan - Are you going to make the trek and come meet us in Florida?

I'd love to. And I know if I asked the Mrs, she would say yes as she wants to go to Florida all the time. One of the states she hasn't been to yet.

Only issue is I think I'll be back in Neb that week chasing deer in the snow with my dad. But I think it'd be fun to travel to these different gatherings for sure!

As for the gator, that was a fun cook! just has that presentation wow factor! I totally stole the bird in mouth idea from online, but I think I may be the first to give it a bacon weave tuxedo :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing: (probably not, but i'll roll with it for now:emoji_wink:)

That would be awesome.. hope everything works out so you can make it ...

How long is the camper ?? I see a few spots still available near the gathering site (88) ...

Hello Everybody....Just wanted to say that after reaching out to Doug to inquire about this event. I was a little apprehensive since I am very new to all of this but he assured me that every body was a great group of people and you all have tons of fun so...I am happy to say that the Mrs & I shall be attending and have reserved spot 85.

I am hoping I can work out bringing the pit with me but if not well we will be avail to help in anyway we can.

I look forward to meeting you all!

Reactions: carol506
Welcome and looking forward to meeting you NU2SMOKE NU2SMOKE (Philip)!!

This is a great group and we had our largest showing last year! Hoping its even bigger this year!

Just watch out for that Discus39 Discus39 fella and his magic potion water;) It makes you fall out of chairs haha

i'll add your site info to Page 1!

Reactions: NU2SMOKE
HA HAAAAA... NU2SMOKE ... welcome to the gathering... it's all about the family (until the kids go to bed) .. LOL. ... trust me... y'all will have a great time and probably learn a few things (good and bad) ...

What dates will you be there ??

HA HAAAAA... NU2SMOKE ... welcome to the gathering... it's all about the family (until the kids go to bed) .. LOL. ... trust me... y'all will have a great time and probably learn a few things (good and bad) ...

What dates will you be there ??

I booked from the Thurs to the Sunday. I am very much looking forward to it. I actually was going to message you because I read you were going to make some snack sticks and I really want to learn how to do that. I was going to bring you a bottle of ole #7 as bribery if needed...lol

that'll work... although I'll have plenty plus some of that other clear stuff... if you want to bring a whole boston butt (twin packs are best) ... I'll guide you and others through the process ...

that'll work... although I'll have plenty plus some of that other clear stuff... if you want to bring a whole boston butt (twin packs are best) ... I'll guide you and others through the process ...
Besides the meat what else would I need to bring?

An appetite and a smile are good things to bring. Official potluck Saturday night, lots of community meals or at least sampling’s ongoing. Best camping group there is.
Appetite is never a problem and if the food is half as good as I have been told it is then the smile will be ear to ear!!
I am looking forward to meeting everyone...so many things I want to learn!!!

JckDanls 07 JckDanls 07 Is going to help me with my meat stick....wait that didn't sound right.:emoji_astonished::emoji_laughing:

Who's doing brisket?!?! That one is a major want for me to learn!!

Appetite is never a problem and if the food is half as good as I have been told it is then the smile will be ear to ear!!
I am looking forward to meeting everyone...so many things I want to learn!!!

JckDanls 07 JckDanls 07 Is going to help me with my meat stick....wait that didn't sound right.:emoji_astonished::emoji_laughing:

Who's doing brisket?!?! That one is a major want for me to learn!!
Depends on competition if brisket on menu. My John makes an awesome brisket. Food always amazing and plentiful

Depends on competition if brisket on menu. My John makes an awesome brisket. Food always amazing and plentiful

Me and John need to converse...LOL If I bring a prime full packer do you think john would be kind enough to help me, and whoever else wants to learn, with it?

As a first timer last year not knowing what to expect we had a blast. Looking forward to another awsome gathering with great people and amazing food. I will be bringing a few Mason jars again for sampling of home made goodness. Fun for all.

Reactions: NU2SMOKE

Even if (which I'm sure we will) rib comp. is a go... brisket would be more then welcome... I'm sure there will be room on a smoker for one ...

As for snack sticks/smoked sausage... As usual... the sooner we get started (Thur. night/Fri. morning) the better ... pending on how much we do as for time in the smokehouse... usually around 6-7 hrs for a batch of 30 lbs (about all I can fit in the smokehouse at one time)...

Fresh sausage (Kielbasa/Italian/breakfast and such) can just be mixed.. stuffed.. and/or vac sealed/cooked ....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky