13th Annual South Florida Gathering (Dec 7th-8th 2024)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dougmays

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 18, 2010
Gainesville, FL
Howdy all! As always we try to plan way in advance for the South Florida Gathering at Highland Hammock State Park in Sebring, FL. It looks like non-florida residents cannot book until February (11 months in advance), so be ready to book as soon possible. More details to come about the event and festivities :)

There are RV and tent camping sites available. You are welcome to reserve near the main group or if you want your privacy we wont be offended if you park further away from the group.

Looking forward to another one!

Date(s)
The main day is Saturday, December 7th, for anyone just making a day trip. This is when we have a day of cooking, camaraderie, games, and fun! Many people make a weekend (or longer) out of this so feel free to show up whenever and leave whenever.

Highland Hammock State Park, Sebring, Florida

Event Activities
TBD

Attendees
dougmays dougmays - Site 81 (12/5-12/8)
JckDanls 07 JckDanls 07 - Site 88 and 87 (The Gathering Site)

....more details will be added here over time and feel free to post with any questions

Last edited:
Howdy all! As always we try to plan way in advance for the South Florida Gathering at Highland Hammock State Park in Sebring, FL. It looks like we cannot book until February (11 months in advance), so be ready to book as soon possible. More details to come about the event and festivities :)

Looking forward to another one!
Hello, I'm interested. Please specify details

Doug, I already reserved 88 and 89 as usual. Just sign up and verify that you are a Florida resident and you can reserve now.

R rhone as Doug has mentioned above the dates. As well as the location. We use site 88 as the Gathering site. So everybody reserves sites as close as possible. Some including myself usually arrive on Thursday. On Saturday night for our main dinner we do a friendly rib competition. It's not mandatory that you cook ribs that's up to you. If you'd like to cook something else that's great. There will be more details as time progresses. But if you're interested in going it is strongly suggested that you reserve sites as soon as possible as they become booked up pretty quick.

R rhone were you able to check out the thread for our last gathering? any questions so far? i'll be posting details in the #1 post here as we plan things out for a 1 spot reference

Booked site 128
Thursday thru Sunday
Get your reservation in soon. Camp ground is filling up fast
1000001339.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky