2023 N. FL Gathering

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man, seeing all of the faces is great and I sure wish I could have been there! Thank you for posting the pictures and looks like everyone had a great time!

As others have said it was a great time. Jerry and Karen were very kind in hosting the event.

Here are the pictures I have of the event.

Thursday night we had Ribs, Tri Tip, and Mac N Cheese. Somehow I didn't get a picture of the tri tip. Not sure how that happened. Ribs were rubbed and wrapped but not sauces with anything except what came out of the foil when unwrapping.
20230420_194957.jpg
20230420_200301.jpg

Friday we made some wings but again I didn't do a good job at picture. Then for dinner we had a Crawdad and Shrimp boil to honor eman eman who always did something along those lines every Friday. I also cooked the 103 Primal that Robert had shipped in and that will be posted in another thread.

20230421_184121.jpg

Here is dougmays dougmays JckDanls 07 JckDanls 07 and boykjo boykjo stuffing some of the over 100lbs they made.
20230422_093417.jpg

Here are some of the sausages in the smoke house.

20230422_111658.jpg

We reheated some of the boil that was left over midday for folks to snack on and also made another 10 lbs of wings. I had pictures of Saturday night but others have posted so I wont.

But we had Mac N Cheese, ABT's, Brisket, Pork Butt, Beans, and Cornbread casserole for dinner.

No one went away hungry that is for sure.

Again it was a great time and I thank everyone who had a part in making it happen.

As others have said it was a great time. Jerry and Karen were very kind in hosting the event.

Here are the pictures I have of the event.

Thursday night we had Ribs, Tri Tip, and Mac N Cheese. Somehow I didn't get a picture of the tri tip. Not sure how that happened. Ribs were rubbed and wrapped but not sauces with anything except what came out of the foil when unwrapping.
View attachment 663960View attachment 663962

Friday we made some wings but again I didn't do a good job at picture. Then for dinner we had a Crawdad and Shrimp boil to honor eman eman who always did something along those lines every Friday. I also cooked the 103 Primal that Robert had shipped in and that will be posted in another thread.

View attachment 663963

Here is dougmays dougmays JckDanls 07 JckDanls 07 and boykjo boykjo stuffing some of the over 100lbs they made.
View attachment 663964

Here are some of the sausages in the smoke house.

View attachment 663965

We reheated some of the boil that was left over midday for folks to snack on and also made another 10 lbs of wings. I had pictures of Saturday night but others have posted so I wont.

But we had Mac N Cheese, ABT's, Brisket, Pork Butt, Beans, and Cornbread casserole for dinner.

No one went away hungry that is for sure.

Again it was a great time and I thank everyone who had a part in making it happen.
Looks like an amazing time. Thanks for sharing the pictures bmudd14474 bmudd14474 . Can’t wait to see the primal post.

Reactions: flatbroke
Wife knows we missed a great gathering.
She picked a new route north and that passed us through Crawford AL aka the home of SherryT SherryT

Also known as a Tourist, Keith.

So THAT was the horn I heard honkin' the other day! :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously, if you passed where 80W and 169N crossed, you were less than a mile from my house!

Glad to hear you all had a great time! Maybe next year I can make it (finally figured out what was wrong with Old Girl...changed the distributor cap/rotor and she's purring like a kitten again!).

So THAT was the horn I heard honkin' the other day! :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously, if you passed where 80W and 169N crossed, you were less than a mile from my house!

Glad to hear you all had a great time! Maybe next year I can make it (finally figured out what was wrong with Old Girl...changed the distributor cap/rotor and she's purring like a kitten again!).
Took US-80 from Phenix City to where it met up with I-85. I waved a few times when I made the connection..
You have a 80's to early 2000's Chevy truck? Cap and rotor is the first fix. Sometimes an entire distributor is needed. I have a 96' Chevy in the livery.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky