My wife stole my rub! Turkey Meatballs... low carb

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hunter rose

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 7, 2015
Plano, TX
My wife stole my rub! She made her healthy style meatballs with half 99% Extra Lean Ground Turkey and half 96% Lean Ground Beef. She mixed in carrots, zucchini, pork rinds (lower carb binder) and my beef rub. Delicious and low carb. She also said they are only 1 WW Freestyle point each.

Meatballs 05042018.jpg
Meatball close up 05042018.jpg

I'll confess that my eyes started to glaze over when I got to carrots and Zucchini, but those look good enough that I would sure enough give them a try.

Married, living in the same house, sharing the same kitchen... (I bet you even share the same roll of toilet paper...)
Nope, I don't think you have a case. o_O
Just eat the evidence and enjoy it.
Make sure she gets the points... :confused:

Low carb = high fat. What's with the lean turkey? Lean turkey+pork rinds...scratching my head....

Low carb definitely does not mean high fat... Half an ounce of pork rinds is 5g of fat. This made up a total of 0.5g fat per meatball.

Low carb definitely does not mean high fat... Half an ounce of pork rinds is 5g of fat. This made up a total of 0.5g fat per meatball.
When you cut carbs you have to eat more protein or fat (the only two other options). Eating little fat means eating a lot of protein. Which leads to a spike in insulin levels. Which is the opposite of what low carb is about.

Reactions: BKING!
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky