March '23 Throwdown: Gone But Not Forgotten (Edited)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Click on the "Members" link at the top of the page
On the left side type in the members user name. Their personal page will show up.
Click "posting" this will give you a list of all threads started by that person.

Chris
No this is giving every post they made not threads started

Oh- and Foamheart......can't forget my Coonass campadre!
That's what it is all about. Remembering those who have passed on by cooking one of their best dishes in the same way (mostly) that they posted it.

Click on the "Members" link at the top of the page
On the left side type in the members user name. Their personal page will show up.
Click "Find" in the upper right corner
Click "All threads by <insert persons name>

Chris
Perfect - Thanks

Reactions: gmc2003
Dearly or not, if they are departed (as in gone to the afterlife) and posted an epic recipe, go with it!
You missed my point.
There are many members that are now deceased, but not known to the forum. These are the dearly departed. Some have simply lost interest or got the information they wanted and moved on in life (not death).

Reactions: chopsaw
You missed my point.
There are many members that are now deceased, but not known to the forum. These are the dearly departed. Some have simply lost interest or got the information they wanted and moved on in life (not death).
If they lost interest and moved on, but are still alive, they are not included. I did not miss the point at all. This is to honor those who have passed on to the next life.

Oh I have several windows open now bookmarking some for this challenge. This was inspiring, hopefully I can get this done....weekends are booking up fast.

Are we also not to modify the cook in any way? or can we take some creative or dietary liberties?

Are we also not to modify the cook in any way? or can we take some creative or dietary liberties?
Adjustments on spice amounts are acceptable, but what is submitted should generally follow the original recipe. Meat cut, overall spice profile and cooking method shall mostly match the original recipe as posted.

Jeff, if you click on someone's name it brings up a screen, go over to... Find
Click on that and it brings up this ... find all threads by jcam222
If I'm on my phone I have to click on their name, then when it pops the info up I have to click on their name a 2nd time to get to this same place. Ryan
Bonus points Ryan, well done and thank you! RAY

Reactions: Brokenhandle
We cannot use multiple threads from multiple members to make a bigger meal?

Read my mind 😎
Guys, I would think it'd be fine to use dishes from multiple members if you see something that would coordinate well with the main portion of your dish. The thing is, you can only honor one member and their recipe, regardless of how many other recipes may inspire you and are added to your final entry. Only one member tribute per entry :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: DougE
Guys, I would think it'd be fine to use dishes from multiple members if you see something that would coordinate well with the main portion of your dish. The thing is, you can only honor one member and their recipe, regardless of how many other recipes may inspire you and are added to your final entry. Only one member tribute per entry :emoji_wink:

Robert
OK, so that is the official rule...one member but could use multiple threads? that makes it interesting.

OK, so that is the official rule...one member but could use multiple threads?
I'd say that you can use them, but yes, only one recipe and only one member get the recognition. You would have to decide which member and their recipe to devote as your entry. Multiple members cannot be recognized with whatever dish you put together, only one. I know fully well that if I were to enter, I'd be putting together a dish that was an accumulation of stuff from a lot of people here that I learned from but the crux of the dish would be a tribute to whichever member had the greatest influence on what I prepared.

Robert

I'd say that you can use them, but yes, only one recipe and only one member get the recognition. You would have to decide which member and their recipe to devote as your entry. Multiple members cannot be recognized with whatever dish you put together, only one. I know fully well that if I were to enter, I'd be putting together a dish that was an accumulation of stuff from a lot of people here that I learned from but the crux of the dish would be a tribute to whichever member had the greatest influence on what I prepared.

Robert
So the answer originally on this was one dish / recipe per entry. I think to keep it to thst makes the most level playing field. Many will not have time to combine multiple dishes of a departed member into a single entry. Those that do would have an advantage when complexity and time spent is considered I would think. Just my humble opinion.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky