Labor Day Throwdown Addendum: Upgraded Prize Package

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
We've been blessed to have two great forum members offer up prizes for this event. Those prizes include a beautiful Lodge CI skillet offered up by our own Enabler In Chief Steve H Steve H
1691433308548.png

And the other prize is coming from the one and only...our very good friend... jcam222 jcam222 It will be 2 or 3 bottles of his homemade fermented hot sauces.
1691433399128.png

Initially Chris ( gmc2003 gmc2003 ) and I were going to just add them to current prize packages but decided to add a whole new category. These items will be awarded via what we've dubbed a "Judge's Choice" vote. There will be an alternate judge chosen from the forum by Chris and I who will be the deciding factor on which entry is awarded these fantastic offerings. As with all judges and voting, it will be totally anonymous. The judge we choose will not know who any of the other judges are nor will he/she know which entry is who's. This one will be strictly personal preference with no guidelines to follow or criteria to critique. Simply the one that judge likes the best. Full details can be seen toward the end of the first post in the thread announcing the event, which I edited earlier to include the updated info.

Happy cooking folks!! BTW, anybody want to take over for me on the TD committee? I really wanna get in on some of this action :emoji_laughing: JK of course but we do have a fantastic bunch of prizes for this one and more chances to take home some of the bounty than ever before.

Robert

Just bumping this to keep it visible so folks can see it. I'd hate for somebody to miss out on the additional offerings. This one may well play out to be another record breaking event.

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
tx smoker tx smoker I vote that we add a Road Kill Award!!!
I have no problem with that but Chris ( gmc2003 gmc2003 ) is gonna have to agree. The problem is that do we really want to call somebody's entry such a name? They worked hard for it and that might not go over so well. I guess Chris and I can discuss it. I've got an idea...and man does that hurt :emoji_laughing:

Robert

I have no problem with that but Chris ( gmc2003 gmc2003 ) is gonna have to agree. The problem is that do we really want to call somebody's entry such a name? They worked hard for it and that might not go over so well. I guess Chris and I can discuss it. I've got an idea...and man does that hurt :emoji_laughing:

Robert
I prefer the Prudy award. At least he went from Mr. Irrelevant to a playoff contender. A worst to first sort of thing.

Chris.

Besides with road-kill The bango man Justin ( yankee2bbq yankee2bbq ) would have a huge advantage over everyone else. Since it's a main part of his diet. LOL

You can't say "Mr. Irrelevant Award" anymore. I read that on the internet. Maybe you could say "Irrelevant Person Award" Either way no iguana has taken my watermelon bait yet so I could be irrelevant.

Maybe you could say "Irrelevant Person Award"
We must tread gently here. There may be some questionable people out there who do not identify as a "person". Can't take a chance offending somebody, now can we :emoji_laughing:
Either way no iguana has taken my watermelon bait yet so I could be irrelevant.
Well, if you strike out with the Iguana just let me know. We have literally thousands of lizards all over the property. Although not as large as an Iguana if you have enough of them, it'll make a nice dish.

Robert

1691763544659.png

Also remember to familiarize yourself with the rules. Including the new category.

Chris

Down in this part of the world it's called the Road Kill Award. That may actually be fitting for this event :emoji_laughing: I won several of those in golf tournaments I played in....well at least I pretended to play.

Robert
In some of the events I would enter, we would say as long as we don't come in DFL
(e.g. - Dead F-n Last).

For our office pool for the NCAA March Madness, we give the DFL entry their money back because they should not have entered :emoji_laughing:

This TD should be epic……just in case some don’t think the prizes are real or you need not apply…..

Since I have greatly enjoyed the competition and rewards of the TD’s if we get over 30 entry’s for this one, I will make up a hand made chef knife for one of the up and coming TD’s prizes!

Previous given prize….the entry (burger) that won this was on a paper plate….or as I like to call it the good old timber china.
FFEE1E50-A1EF-42B2-A74F-E8DE5356AB67.jpeg

If you don’t enter its a 100% chance you aren’t going to win……

Last edited:
This TD should be epic……just in case some don’t think the prizes are real or you need not apply…..

Since I have greatly enjoyed the competition and rewards of the TD’s if we get over 30 entry’s for this one, I will a make up a hand made chef knife for one of the up and coming TD’s prizes!

Previous given prize….the entry (burger) that won this was on a paper plate….or as I like to call it the good old timber china.
View attachment 673289
If you don’t enter its a 100% chance you aren’t going to win……
Civil just stole my entry idea... a griddle full of bacon!!

Ryan

if we get over 30 entry’s for this one, I will make up a hand made chef knife for one of the up and coming TD’s prizes!
WOW!! That would make for an amazing prize. I'll be sitting out as a committee member for that one. That knife belongs among my kitchen goodies :emoji_wink: Thanks so much for the offer. We're getting some entries in but have a ways to go before we reach 30.
Wow, that's awesome to see that griddle in action. I remember you mentioning that it'd be perfect for you and your wife on camping trips. So cool of you to share.
Funny idea but sure to piss someone off sooner or later. My two cents
Did I miss something? I saw nothing that might piss somebody off.
Civil just stole my entry idea... a griddle full of bacon!!
He has not entered it and can't so as long as you don't post it in the forum, it's fair game as an entry. I'd vote for it :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: civilsmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky