Big cook with the Lang Fatboy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Friend of mine’s niece attends high school in Pineville, La. and is a power lifter. This weekend he and I catered a two day event for the boys and girls teams. It was so much work but we had a good time. Headed home now. I took a few pics along the way and thought I’d share. I love my Fatboy. I’ve been cooking on it for two years but this is the first big off site event we’ve done.
View attachment 487049
View attachment 487048
View attachment 487050
We cooked 18 butts and pulled pork sammies. We also made two huge batches of jambalaya from scratch (my cooking partners recipe), several hundred burgers and about 90 leg quarters.
View attachment 487052
View attachment 487053
View attachment 487051
View attachment 487055
View attachment 487054
View attachment 487056
View attachment 487057
View attachment 487058View attachment 487059
View attachment 487060View attachment 487061
View attachment 487066
View attachment 487067
View attachment 487065View attachment 487062View attachment 487063View attachment 487068
couldnt be happier w my Lang Fatboy.
My God-that is amazing----------wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Reactions: 73saint
Heck yeah bud nice work! Good looking smoker
Thanks TN. Spent the better part of the day cleaning her up but it was worth it!
Wow!!
That's the way to get the Protein into the "Iron-Pumpers" !!!
Nice Job, Saint!!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear! And thanks for the like!!
My God-that is amazing----------wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
[/QUOTE
Lol thanks mill!
What a great way to support a group of hungry athletes! Very nice effort and thanks for posting. Big BIG Like!
Thanks uncle Eddie!

tenor.gif

That all looks great! Nice job on the cooks man!

Very impressive! That is a huge spread and looks like a lot of work. Sure wish I ate that good in high school! The jambalaya cooking dish is massive as well. That is awesome, nice work guys! WOW

That's just pure awesomeness right there! Nice work on the massive cook and nice set up for sure!

View attachment 487347

That all looks great! Nice job on the cooks man!
Thanks smokinvol!
Very impressive! That is a huge spread and looks like a lot of work. Sure wish I ate that good in high school! The jambalaya cooking dish is massive as well. That is awesome, nice work guys! WOW
Thanks jmusser! It was a labor of love for sure, and that pot is a big boy indeed. 20 gallon cast iron.
That's just pure awesomeness right there! Nice work on the massive cook and nice set up for sure!
Thanks civil!

Last edited:
I thought that was a fire pit on top of a burner! LOL That things gotta be heavy but sure must hold a temp well. The Lang looked looked like it was rcking as well!

Thanks jmusser! It was a labor of live for sure, and that pot is a big boy indeed. 20 gallon cast iron.
[/QUOTE]

Awesome job saint and what a great satisfaction you have now from doing a community service project. The food all looks great.

Warren
Thanks Warren! And you are so right, lots of satisfaction in doing good things for the community like this!

Wow, that's a Beauty! Great job on the high volume Gig. They require a hustle but you Gotta love when your plan comes together and the Accolades pour in...JJ

73S, That is one helluva smoke/cook right there, awesome job!
Thanks crazymoon!
Wow, that's a Beauty! Great job on the high volume Gig. They require a hustle but you Gotta love when your plan comes together and the Accolades pour in...JJ
Thank you chef Jimmy! Seeing all the smiles is the best part!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky