4 Course Memorial Diner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Very nice!
Thank you AJ! I appreciate your patience reading through it😁
Simply epic meal JW! Not else much to say but thank you for your (and friends) service!

PS glad you had a GR element.....it will envelope you now!
🤣Thank you Civil! You guys got me into the GR recipes big time! They’re the only ones I really don’t tweak at all, but use with different plates. Really legit. Thank you again!
Everything about this post is incredible. Everything.
Thank you Sven! I really appreciate your time and the compliment!
Awesome spread for some people that earned it. Thanks for your service!
Thank you Buckeye! It’s a privilege!
Totally awesome, every bit of that meal looks delicious.
Thank you Nefarious! I appreciate the compliment and your time!

Bucking for promotion there buddy. Holey feast! That is an incredible cook, write up and presentation. Absolutely phenomenal, it’s final, we have officially ruined you. You will never again be the same. Just out of the park on this one. Wow.

• Haha
Reactions: nicefly and bauchjw
Just wow!!..Everything looks fabulous and the details in your post are outstanding..Thanks for posting..👍👍
Thank you Jax! It was a great night and felt even more special to share with brethren here! I appreciate your time and compliments!
Awesome looking food Jed! Great details and a great time had by you and your friends and families!
Thankful to you and your buddies and their families for everything they did and went through for our freedoms that we have!

Ryan
Very appreciated Ryan! You guys are like another family for me and it’s so much fun to share and see each other create special times for the ones they are with.

It’s an honor and privilege for us Brother! Very appreciated!
That is one post full of excellent chow. Nicely done Jed I bet your friends were happy.

Point for sure
Chris
Thank you Chris! It was a lot of fun putting together and even more fun providing the bread for breaking with friends! Most of what I can do is because of people like you who are so generous here and I don’t take it for granted!
Well Jed , nothing i can say but. Fantastic, well detailed cook from start to finish.
And a good time was had by all. Friends / family and great food. Perfect

David
Thank you David! Very appreciated and I have to give you credit for helping me to look beyond my comfort zone! You are crushing it all and I can’t wait to see what you do next!
Wow Jed that's a fine looking spread right there ! I'm sure it tasted even better shared with friends and beverages.
A special thanks to you and your group for the sacrifices made for our freedom!

Keith
Thank you Kieth! It was a lot of fun and the company always is a key factor! These people have been through a lot of ups and downs together with us. The wives support each other when we are gone…and are hone, while the guys stare at flames and red meat nodding between sips of bourbon. It’s a great group I’m blessed to share. I appreciate your time and compliments!

No complaints on the length of a post when it covers great subjects like what you had. And as always..Thank you and your friends (and wives) for your service.
Jim

Reactions: bauchjw
OMG, Jed!!
Everything looks Fantastic!!
What a Feast !
Like!
My Best to all of you Military Peeps!!
And Thank You.

Bear

Jed, that meal is pure perfection. Thank you for posting it. And thank you for your and your friend's service.
Thank you! I was happy with how it came together and we had a great time! Very appreciated, it’s a priveledge! Thank you for your time!
awesome spread Jed, many thanks to all of you for your sacrifices and service to our country!
Thank you Cliff, it’s an honor to serve. Your wine was delicious and went fast🤣 Thank you for the contribution!
Crazy epic meal man, well done!
Very appreciated Ringer!
Jed not to overuse the word but man you went EPIC! Everything looks fantastic and the post was enjoyable to read the details on. I use the Sazon Goya achioto y cilantro in many things myself.
Thank you Jeff! You actually got me into the Sazon Goya with that awesome tomato soup recipe! I meant to give you a shout out, sorry! Ever since you introduced me to it I buy it obsessively and have used it in a lot of different ways. Most of these recipes on this cook are inspired or influenced by you guys here! A little of the SMF family contributions in each bite🤣
What an epic meal Jed. How many clones of yourself were helping?

If I'd done all that by myself, I'd be worthless for a couple days, but then again I'm old and mostly worthless already. :emoji_sunglasses:
🤣Thank you Jack! I would have enjoyed a clone! My wife offered to help, but I get a bit obsessive and she doesn’t like how I ask her to do things🤔 So, it was just a lot of notes and steady grind!!! But I was wiped out and slept until 10 the next day! Probably would’ve slept that long even without the booze😁 I appreciate your time and compliments!

Wow Jed!!!! What a cook and great time! Had to find that wine sauce:

Ahh! Thank you Brian! I can’t recommend that sauce enough, it’ll go great with those steaks you just prepped! I shouldn’t have been lazy and included it, I appreciate the effort🤣
Absolutely incredible Jed. A truly stunning array of food and a monumental effort. I would have been honored to be in your company and sit down to a plate (or 6) of that. What an amazing feast. You have some very lucky friends.

Robert
Thank you Robert! Your technique for red meat is spot on! The long rest before a pan sear kept the red where it needs to be, like I told others, there is a lot of SMF help in all of those recipes and techniques and I really appreciate all you guys have taught me!

Anytime you swing back this way I’ll have 6 plates for you!
Holy cow!
I’m speechless!
It doesn’t get any better than that, Jed!
Just incredible!!
Al
Thank you Al! I really appreciate your time and compliment!
WOW!! What a meal, Jed. It's all simply amazing and what an effort for your friends, I'm sure that they all enjoyed it immensely...
Thank you! It was a great time and always fun to do these things for friends! I appreciate you!
That's some fine work there . I bet a great time too .
Nice job bud .
Thank you Rich! I appreciate your time! Yes, we had a great time, went by too fast! I hate how time goes quicker when we’re older!

Reactions: jcam222
That is a load of goodness there! Man I would have a beef coma going for days.
🤣Thank you Sandy! I was in a coma for about ten hours after they left! I appreciate your time!
Bucking for promotion there buddy. Holey feast! That is an incredible cook, write up and presentation. Absolutely phenomenal, it’s final, we have officially ruined you. You will never again be the same. Just out of the park on this one. Wow.
🤣Thank you! It was a lot of fun! You guys have ruined me in all the best ways🤣 everyone here helps keep the ships rising in a very healthy way. Great place to learn and work to do better with each cook! I appreciate your time!
Amazing!

A stunning meal for folks that deserve every bite. Well done!
Thank you! Very appreciated!
Thank you Jed for the kind words, you have now made a new high in the comfort zone area.
Good on you

David
Thank you David! Very appreciated! Cant wait to see what you have going!
No complaints on the length of a post when it covers great subjects like what you had. And as always..Thank you and your friends (and wives) for your service.
Jim
Thank you Jim! Very appreciated! I always want to go short, but get long winded!
OMG, Jed!!
Everything looks Fantastic!!
What a Feast !
Like!
My Best to all of you Military Peeps!!
And Thank You.

Bear
Thank you Bear!!! Very appreciated, our best right back to you!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Outstanding young man! That is next level stuff there.

I like to try new things but the way you thought out and plated all of that is inspiring. Just what I needed. Thanks.

I do have to wonder if the meal was too good for a bunch of Jarheads? Haha, JK I'm ex Army had to do it.
John

• Haha
Outstanding young man! That is next level stuff there.

I like to try new things but the way you thought out and plated all of that is inspiring. Just what I needed. Thanks.

I do have to wonder if the meal was too good for a bunch of Jarheads? Haha, JK I'm ex Army had to do it.
John
🤣Thank you John! Yes, maybe a bit better than what we are used to or deserve🤣 If it makes an old Army Dog feel better, the bourbon was cheap so it balanced out!

I appreciate your time and compliment,
Semper Fi!
Fan'F^>/<ing'tastic!

You're were absolutely correct in plating for them.
A meal like that should be served as the chef sees fit to compliment each course.
Thank you Chili! Thats a big compliment coming from you, I’m always impressed with your plating and posts! I appreciate your time!

Reactions: nicefly
Jed, my friend… so sorry to have missed this! That meal is beyond phenomenal and top notch! It should have its own separate category! You hit a Grand Slam there bud!

Thank you to yourself and your friends for defending our freedoms! Also, my families sincere appreciation for you and your friends and families sacrifices! And the ones that were lost… our prayers for their ones left behind!

My Grandpa seen the worst of WWII, on the front lines for the duration of the war! I now know how lucky I was to get to know him. He served from day one and one of the last to come home! He would never speak of it!

Jed, my friend… so sorry to have missed this! That meal is beyond phenomenal and top notch! It should have its own separate category! You hit a Grand Slam there bud!

Thank you to yourself and your friends for defending our freedoms! Also, my families sincere appreciation for you and your friends and families sacrifices! And the ones that were lost… our prayers for their ones left behind!

My Grandpa seen the worst of WWII, on the front lines for the duration of the war! I now know how lucky I was to get to know him. He served from day one and one of the last to come home! He would never speak of it!
No worries my friend! Things get busy, I have a hard time keeping up here too🤣 But I appreciate your time and compliment! It’s an honor to serve and privilege. Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Your Grandpa must have been a tough nut! Mine made it back from being a belly gunner on a B17,, but he couldn’t loose the demons and he drank himself to death before I was born, so I never really heard any tales either. He’s buried near me at Arlington and Ive swung by from time to time to see him, I even took the kids once. It’s good for our kids to at least know about the service of our families even if they don’t know the details…..sh**, it’s better that they don’t!

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Edit, I had already responded to this thread my friend! Guess I need to get more coffee in me! My apologies!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky