April Throwdown Winner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
All 3 were winners but the over all winner was DRKsmoking DRKsmoking with Smoked Standing Steak Tubes- Stuffed with Mozzarella, Wild rice, Mushrooms, Peppers, Onions and Smoked Bacon Served with grilled root veg.
TD3.JPG

Bandcollector had Tomato Pine Nut Appetizer
TD1.jpeg

Civilsmoker had Prosciutto wrapped smoked pulled pork, sweet chips, habanero jack & queso cheese BBQ’d pastry pie!

TD2.jpeg

Thanks to all 3 for the great entries

Hey David, congratulations on the win. You were up against some stiff competition.
Gotta admit I've never seen a steak rolled up, stuffed, and standing up. Great idea.
Gary

Thanks Gary , yes the competition is always great. This was fun to make and I will
post the how I did with pictures tonight after I get home

David

Congratulations to all three of yous. Everyone of those dishes look fabulous, and David and extra congrats for taking the overall win.

Chris

I brought up the rear of the Trifecta, but I must say that 1st and 2nd were indeed winners.

Thanks to the 8 people who voted for my entry. I originally had 9 but someone bailed on me. . .LOL!

Even though I came in 3rd the picture really did not do this appetizer justice. Therefore, I would like to include this wonderful recipe for the rest of you to enjoy.

And oh yes. . .Congratulations to DRKsmoking DRKsmoking and civilsmoker civilsmoker for a beautiful presentation.

And a big thank you to bmudd14474 bmudd14474 for sponsoring the Throwdown!

Tomato Pine Nut Appetizer

• Ingredients:
  • Tomatoes cut into slices
  • Lightly smoked Mozzarella cut into slices
  • Crumbled Feta Cheese
  • Lightly smoked and roasted Pine Nuts
  • Fresh basil
  • Scallions
For the Dressing:

A 50/50 Mixture of Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil. Add a "glob" of French Mustard (more or less to suit your taste) and whisk together.

Place sliced tomatoes and mozzarella slices onto a platter. Alternate the slices or just place the mozzarella on top of each slice of tomato.

Sprinkle the pine nuts, chopped basil, chopped scallions, and crumbled feta over the tomatoes and mozzarella.

Drizzle the dressing (reserve some dressing for those who prefer more) over the entire platter and garnish with a sprig of basil.

Enjoy,

John

IMG_1340.jpeg

Last edited:
I brought up the rear of the Trifecta, but I must say that 1st and 2nd were indeed winners.

Thanks to the 8 people who voted for my entry. I originally had 9 but someone bailed on me.

Even though I came in 3rd the picture really did not do this appetizer justice. Therefore, I would like to include this wonderful recipe for the rest of you to enjoy.

And oh yes. . .Congratulations to DRKsmoking DRKsmoking and civilsmoker civilsmoker for a beautiful presentation.

And a big thank you to bmudd14474 bmudd14474 for sponsoring the Throwdown!

Tomato Pine Nut Appetizer

• Ingredients:
  • Tomatoes cut into slices
  • Lightly smoked Mozzarella cut into slices
  • Crumbled Feta Cheese
  • Lightly smoked and roasted Pine Nuts
  • Fresh basil
  • Scallions
For the Dressing:

A 50/50 Mixture of Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil. Add a "glob" of French Mustard (more of less to suit your taste) and whisk together.

Place sliced tomatoes and mozzarella slices onto a platter. Alternate the slices or just place the mozzarella on top or each slice of tomato.

Sprinkle the pine nuts, chopped basil, chopped scallions, and crumbled feta over the tomatoes and mozzarella.

Drizzle the dressing (reserve some dressing for those who prefer more) over the entire platter and garnish with a sprig of basil.

Enjoy,

John

View attachment 632924
I have this one down as I will do doing this when the maters in the garden are ready! Very nice!

Reactions: BandCollector
Just a side note.

I would like to thank the 70 members who took the time to cast their votes.

I noticed that 1000 people viewed the contest but only 70 took the time to actually vote. Brian ( bmudd14474 bmudd14474 ) puts a great deal of effort into organizing these throwdowns and I found it hard to believe that more people did not participate.

Off my soap box.

Thanks again Brian

You all did a great job! Now if you don't mind...would you each dish me up a plate please!

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Just a side note.

I would like to thank the 70 members who took the time to cast their votes.

I noticed that 1000 people viewed the contest but only 70 took the time to actually vote. Brian ( bmudd14474 bmudd14474 ) puts a great deal of effort into organizing these throwdowns and I found it hard to believe that more people did not participate.

Off my soap box.

Thanks again Brian
My first time in this sub forum
I am not quite sure what is going on
I didn't see a sticky on the front page to explain
I will keep looking and try to figure out

Just glad to be here!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky