Another Corned Beef with Left Overs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Used Pops brine again Started on 11/1//19 it was suppose to be a Pastrami
This was a Top Round Angus Choice I picked up on sale $1.99 #
Rinsed an soaked for about an hour, then into the pot
100_0511.JPG
Cooked for 3 plus hours till tooth pick tender
100_0515.JPG
Sliced
100_0516.JPG
100_0518.JPG
Had the usual Cabbage and Potatoes
Sorry no pics
Richie

Last edited:
We do corned beef all the time in the crock pot, we get tired of pastrami all the time.
And yours looks great!!
Al

Al Thanks I would have done the Pastrami but it poured all day. Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Ritchie that looks tender and delicious. I’ll bet that was great with the cabbage and potatoes. Once I get bacon out of the way I plan on doing some pastrami from Pops brine using the same cut. I did it from knuckle last time and the flavor was great but a lot of chewy gristle parts.

Tropics, Nicely done Corned Beef! Did you use any additional spices with Pop's brine? I always use Pop's brine for turkey and it works perfectly for me... but never tried it with whole muscle....

Ritchie that looks tender and delicious. I’ll bet that was great with the cabbage and potatoes. Once I get bacon out of the way I plan on doing some pastrami from Pops brine using the same cut. I did it from knuckle last time and the flavor was great but a lot of chewy gristle parts.
jcam I was not impressed it was tender but not enough fat IMHO.
Richie

Tropics, Nicely done Corned Beef! Did you use any additional spices with Pop's brine? I always use Pop's brine for turkey and it works perfectly for me... but never tried it with whole muscle....
I add Pickling spice 3 Tbsp. per gallon Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Looks good Richie . I know what you mean by not enough fat in that cut . I bet smoked it would have been moist and perfect for sandwiches .
Nice work .

Looks good Richie . I know what you mean by not enough fat in that cut . I bet smoked it would have been moist and perfect for sandwiches .
Nice work .
Rich Thanks I have 3 more that will become roast beef. Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Good looking corned beef Richie, I need to start making my own, so I could enjoy it year round.

Like!

Joe You can't go wrong with Pops Brine I use less salt . Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

looks great Richie, corned beef is up there on my favorite food list, now seeing yours I think it's time for some.

looks great Richie, corned beef is up there on my favorite food list, now seeing yours I think it's time for some.
Jim Thank you we do eat enough of it here.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

I know what you mean Richie. It is great for sandwiches. Not so good for corned beef with cabbage and potatoes. Not enough fat. And it makes for a great Pastrami. Speaking of which. I need to make a trip to the garage freezer. I'm thinking about a hot Pastrami sandwich.

I know what you mean Richie. It is great for sandwiches. Not so good for corned beef with cabbage and potatoes. Not enough fat. And it makes for a great Pastrami. Speaking of which. I need to make a trip to the garage freezer. I'm thinking about a hot Pastrami sandwich.
Steve we had the left overs last night and they were great.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Left overs chopped up the cabbage,potatoes & small piece of Corned Beef
100_0522.JPG
A nice piece of the Corned Beef enough for 6 slices
100_0525.JPG
Fried the cabbage,taters in butter,then added the Corned Beef
100_0527.JPG
Fried in butter seemed to have made it better
100_0531.JPG
Thanks for looking
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky