Corned beef Eye of Round

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingohiobutcher

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 21, 2009
The North Coast of Ohio
I wanted to smoke this today for St Pattys Day but its too cold and I messed up my knee recently so I decided to pitch it in the crock pot,

I noticed that no one has mentioned the corned beef eye of round this year so I thought I would do a post on it.

It is a whole eye of the beef round that is soaked in the same brine that is used for corned beef briskets. I was first able to purchase them to sell at the retail level about 3 years ago.  At that time they were about 50 cents a pound more expensive than the briskets. This year they were the same cost as the briskets.

I placed the roast in the crockpot in a liner with 1 cup of water. Set it to high and cooked for 6 hours.

Then turned it off and let it rest for about a half an hour covered while the cabbage potatoes carrots and onions were steaming.

The eye of round was extremely tender and full of flavor. dinner was amazing!  The only thing that would of made it better would have been  to use an a-maze-n smoker to add some smoke flavor. I think todd needs to make a crockpot version of the tube smoker.

Any ways...

thanks for watching

SOB-QTV 

I've often wondered about adding a smoke unit to an indoor appliance!  But, I know it wouldn't pass the 'dear' test... lol!   or would it? 

Rig up a window vent unit to it however.... hmmmmm......... a countertop smoke box  1½' x 1½' x 1½'input on bottom, output on top, 2" vent flexible tube to nearest kitchen window, 4" vent in window raised up venting to outside... cold smoke w/6" amnpts... or...on the stove for heat...  hmmmmmm....  drawing board!

Next time you smoke , add a box of kosher salt in a S.Steel bowl and smoke it for a hour or two..

Then you can add real smoke taste to meals that you cook in your oven or crock.

Looks delicious SOB................ Happy saint patty's day

Eye Rounds are just so lean but the looks great...JJ

Eye Rounds are just so lean but the looks great...JJ
I have wondered how they would pastrami up. They would be easy to shave on the slicer
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky