Half N Half Saint Patricks Day Corned Beef. Now with the final report!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yikes! Just realized I better make a run to Costco and grab a brisket if I want corned beef for Saint Patties day!

Reactions: xray
I'm watching! I've never done Corned Beef in the SV. I always end up turning it into Pastrami (155 for around 20 hrs). I'm curious about the lower temps and the longer cooking times...
Of course you're going to show us the full meal deal when it's done, right?

I'm watching! I've never done Corned Beef in the SV. I always end up turning it into Pastrami (155 for around 20 hrs). I'm curious about the lower temps and the longer cooking times...
Of course you're going to show us the full meal deal when it's done, right?

This cook is several years old! I do SV my corned beef. I don’t I repeat don’t go low temp and many hours. I’ve found that running the SV at 180*f and cook time of 10-12 hours gives the corned beef better texture than cooking it at lower temps for days.

Good luck with that! Hope you got some before the Coronappocalypse.

Yep I sure did pick one up. Things didn’t get nuts here until this week. Now the stores are wiped out. Funny tough I did go to the store yesterday and they had tons of the pre made corned beef in the meat dept.

I was wondering how I missed this one till over half way through it I noticed the original posting date...ah yes, that's how. But still looks awesome

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky