[PHOTOS ADDED] 9th Annual South Florida Gathering (December 6th - 8th, Sebring FL)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I was actually planning on doing a brisket this year as well :)

looking forward to December!

Keith ( JckDanls 07 JckDanls 07 ) - Want to post up specifics of casings and seasonings you need and we can all pitch in and get them?

Reactions: NU2SMOKE
i'll donate a butt or 2 for Snack Stick making. For anyone doing the same, to speed things up if you can go ahead and de-bone and cube up the pork and freeze ahead of time that'll help out big time

Reactions: NU2SMOKE
JckDanls 07 JckDanls 07 I was wondering if you have any finished pics of the types of sticks you make?
I know it sounds like a stupid question but I saw a pic on the forum that I just loved and now I cant find it.

That would be awesome.. hope everything works out so you can make it ...

How long is the camper ?? I see a few spots still available near the gathering site (88) ...
22' but it is a hybrid so both ends fold out about 4', so 30' but considering one of the fold outs covers the tongue it can fit into a 26' spot. Wife just started a new job and we are still trying to get the grown kids to make their plans... hopefully, we can make it.

Looking forward to upcoming event. It's getting closer.
Cant wait to learn how to make some snack sticks. Let me know what I can bring to help out or make it easier.

Attachments

• 20190817_185350.jpg
    20190817_185350.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20190825_182152.jpg
    20190825_182152.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 16
I just fell out of my chair seeing that bottle of shine ;)

Dec. cannot come fast enough! Looking forward to seeing new and old faces (age-pun not intended)

A little late to the party but was able to secure the time off. dougmays dougmays you can put me down for site 77 Fri-Sun. Sure looking forward to the cooler temps, great food, great people and the entertainment of that Brad dude and Devil Woman.

Have we decided which meat will be in the competition?

The was talk early about another pig. Are we going to do one for potluck?if so will be happy to pitch in $$$ towards purchase.

Good morning Carol and all!

I'm not sure where we left off with the Competition talk, i'm always open for anything. Do we want to keep it the same and easy with Ribs (dinner turn in time) and a cocktail competitions or expand our horizons?

As for the pig, it was fun doing it last time but it will take up my entire smoker so we wont be able to fit anything else on it for most of Saturday. I'm not opposed and can talk to my pig farmer locally if we want to do it. We could also do another "big" animal and try something new? Turduckin is one thought

i'm open for idea and love to keep this a cook-by-democracy :)

Good morning Carol and all!

I'm not sure where we left off with the Competition talk, i'm always open for anything. Do we want to keep it the same and easy with Ribs (dinner turn in time) and a cocktail competitions or expand our horizons?

As for the pig, it was fun doing it last time but it will take up my entire smoker so we wont be able to fit anything else on it for most of Saturday. I'm not opposed and can talk to my pig farmer locally if we want to do it. We could also do another "big" animal and try something new? Turduckin is one thought

i'm open for idea and love to keep this a cook-by-democracy :)

Hey gang, i completely forgot that Jeramy ( jarjarchef jarjarchef ) and I talked a couple months back about changing up the Rib Comp in a way that its team based. This way we have people with all different skill levels working together to cook a few racks of ribs.

The idea was that He and I and maybe a couple others with competition experience act as "captains" and we randomly select teams from anyone that is interested and then at te gathering those teams work together to come up with a cooking game plan. Adds some more camaraderie and also if anyone is unsure about cooking they can feel at ease not having to do it all themselves.

This would also speed up the judging process by having 3-5 ribs to judge instead of ~12 like in the past

I meant to post this idea earlier but forgot. Any thoughts on this? we are also open to modifications to this idea.

Doesn't necessarily need to be competition experience to be a captain. Just someone who feels comfortable with their skills to take lead.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky