WTF is up with wild fork prices

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.
Hey all,

Been lurkin wildfork some lookin for turkey for next month. Some member posted about plate ribs too so... Short answer is I wanted to buy stuff.
Everything was great but when I went to pay the basket price was NOT the price they wanted me to pay at checkout. The product prices were more expensive than what was shown in basket by like 50 bucks total. Yes I looked to see if it was shipping but I got free shipping there. Anyone seeing this and have any explanation?

I got
1 choice skirt steak
1 organic bone in turkey breast 4-8 lb
1 skin on turkey breast roast
1 angus bone in short ribs

Basket says $135 with free shipping.

Paypal checkout says $178..

WHAT THE ACTUAL F&CK>>>>

Haven't seen this because the last several times I have checked their brisket prices they are a dollar or more per pound than Costco. So, I didn't get far enough to see this issue you described.

Reactions: negolien
Out of curiosity I went to their site and added several items to the cart and the price was what it was supposed to be.Maybe something to do with Paypal?

What I did not like is during checkout in the box where you ad your email address I got a notification that Facebook will track you.I use two addons one called FB Container and the other called Google Container.These addons let you know if a site is linked to either and will let you know if you'll be tracked.

Edit:When I went back a second time and used Paypal as the payment method the price jumped from $135 to $208.I can't imagine that shipping would be over $70 if shipping was being calculated.I did notice though my "order" qualified for shipping,it did not state free shipping.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity I went to their site and added several items to the cart and the price was what it was supposed to be.Maybe something to do with Paypal?

What I did not like is during checkout in the box where you ad your email address I got a notification that Facebook will track you.I use two addons one called FB Container and the other called Google Container.These addons let you know if a site is linked to either and will let you know if you'll be tracked.
Ha, the "PayPal hiring more lawyers" hidden fee.

• Sad
It did it with credit card also. The price pre checkout was less. Imagine all the people that just click continue when they get to the paypal or credit card part.

No worries Mate, they always put a big charge on your card, then when everything is weighed they put the proper amount on the card. Both charges will appear as pending, but only the right one will go thru.
Al
I see what you mean and understand, but those trying to stick to a budget that is not a comfortable feeling. I know if you are ordering from WF or similar you should not be counting $$.

Reactions: negolien and TNJAKE
I've looked at their site and prices...as a farmer from the Midwest...isn't ever gonna happen at my house. Might be good but not that good in my book. No offense meant to anyone.

Ryan

I've looked at their site and prices...as a farmer from the Midwest...isn't ever gonna happen at my house. Might be good but not that good in my book. No offense meant to anyone.

Ryan
Nor at my house! There is a point where things just become absurd, in my humble opinion. Similarly - no offense to anyone that feels different.

I've been looking for a 'true' Porterhouse steak from a few meat sellers and their prices are even higher than Peter Luger in NYC. Even if I could afford to, and make no mistake - I can not - I would not pay the price - just because.

I ended up getting turkey from them and a yearly to avoid shipping later. I get it showing max price... As for affordable it's actually cheaper than my safeway without shipping which I became a member so I get free shipping lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky