Price Comparison - Costco, Wild Fork, and Restaurant Depot

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I generally use Costco Business Center which has lower prices, more primal cuts and better selection.

I think that's a good project. I think it would be useful to get frequent data sets from the same places to be able to track over time. I bet the low price sources with vary over time depending on buyers, inventory and promotions.

...She went to another Costco and they had a full pallet of the product she wanted...
I think what (or certainly the quantities) that Costco stocks is purposely varied with location. As we head into the Holidays, Costco sells a very good summer sausage at an incredible price...or at least some locations do, and it varies as you'd expect by social and economic situation of the clientele at the locations.

Wild Fork does not have memberships available for my zip code therefor minimum shipping is $19.95 per order and there is no RD in Iowa. So it's Costco or Fareway for me.

Just wanted to report that Costco Prime Whole Briskets in my area, Maryland, went down in price. I bought one last fall and the price was $4.29 which was up, but last week it was back down to $3.99.

As far as crowds, it depends on which one you go to. They seem to be less crowded away from the busy metro areas. Also, they say they open at 10 AM, but I get there at 9:40 am consistently and consistently the store I go to is open already and people are already pushing carts to their car fully loaded. Also, the place is wonderfully uncrowded at that hour.

One other nugget - if you're looking for choice grade short rib plates, three bones each, Sam's Club has them at $6.99, fresh, straight from the meat packer and in the original cryovac. You have to order and pay for them online and then go pick them up at your closest Sam's special order. They aren't on display at the meat rack. In my case, they gave me one cryovac, in it were four plates, 27 lbs, $188.

I generally use Costco Business Center which has lower prices, more primal cuts and better selection.

I think that's a good project. I think it would be useful to get frequent data sets from the same places to be able to track over time. I bet the low price sources with vary over time depending on buyers, inventory and promotions.
I go to the business Costco when I'm looking for meat in bulk. Brisket, chuck roll, pork hindquarter, that sort of thing. They should be stocking whole packer corned beef briskets shortly. That's a lot of corned beef, but the math usually works out in your favor over the little chunks they sell for St. Patty's.

There is a Winco a couple blocks from my local Costco. I've checked their meat section, and while some cuts can be cheaper, most of their meat isn't graded, which I find odd.

I have confirmed that a new 160,569 Ft² Costco will be built about 4 miles from my house on a 5.5 acre parcel of undeveloped land. That's close enough for quick early morning mid-week trips to beat the crowds. No start date for construction has been published, but when it opens, my grocery shopping patterns will absolutely change, including meat purchases.

I’ve been very happy with what my local Costco has for beef and pork. I do buy my beef plate ribs from a local butcher thou since I can’t get them at Costco. I have a membership to RD but really haven’t bought much from them yet. I looked into WFF but thought they were pricey compared to Costco.

I've found Shrimp is a lot less expensive at RD. Beef so-so, some less some more than sale prices at Grocery stores. I've gotten Shrimp from WFF too and it'ss a little more than RD, but still less than Kroger, etc. The WFF shrimp seems much fresher than the others, no odor at all.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky