Valentines Lasagna for My Wife

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Yesterday I made a lasagna by special request of my wife for Valentines day.

While it is cheaper than a dozen long stemmed Red Roses,it still isn't inexpensive to put together a really good homemade Lasagna.
No getting out of it guys, gonna drop some dollars on the significant other.

Bolognese sauce

Ricotta/Basil mixture

Finale!

Looks beautiful, Did you do anything out of the ordinary with your Bolognese sauce?  Great looking lasagna..... You seem to be making a lot of my favorites......  Especially some of the new ones....lolol

Giddy on up, Chile:  that's a festive looking lasagne.  Well done, sir.   

Bolognese question--beef, pork, veal, Italian sausage, blend??  Did one recently with just beef, and came up really flat.  Appreciate your input when you can.

Boy that's some good looking lasagna!

Well done!

Al
Thanks Al
Looks beautiful, Did you do anything out of the ordinary with your Bolognese sauce? Great looking lasagna..... You seem to be making a lot of my favorites...... Especially some of the new ones....lolol
Thanks, too kind with your praise.
Nothing out of the ordinary really, added some Hot sausage to the Regular Italian sausage at a 1:3 ratio, used all fresh herbs and used three colors of Bell Peppers.
Another killer meal! I'm sure she was more than pleased with the results
Thanks CB.
Oh yeah, very pleased, I take good care of her every desire.
Giddy on up, Chile:  that's a festive looking lasagne.  Well done, sir.   

Bolognese question--beef, pork, veal, Italian sausage, blend??  Did one recently with just beef, and came up really flat.  Appreciate your input when you can.
LOL... Festive? Thanks man, we're still eating this hoss of a Lasagna.

Any of those, singly or in combination. Though I think that Veal gets lost in a meat sauce, its flavor and tenderness is not done any justice.
I normally use Italian sausage, either regular alone or Regular/Hot in a 3:1 ratio.
Its chemistry brother, did you use a lean beef and drain all it's fats/juices after browning? Not enough salt to make certain flavors POP!? Stale dried herbs and spices? Sugar? Wine? EVOO?

LOL... Festive? Thanks man, we're still eating this hoss of a Lasagna.

Any of those, singly or in combination. Though I think that Veal gets lost in a meat sauce, its flavor and tenderness is not done any justice.
I normally use Italian sausage, either regular alone or Regular/Hot in a 3:1 ratio.
Its chemistry brother, did you use a lean beef and drain all it's fats/juices after browning? Not enough salt to make certain flavors POP!? Stale dried herbs and spices? Sugar? Wine? EVOO?[/quote

I think you nailed it: sauce was good, the beef was flat. Used 85/15 only and didn't really salt it. I'll go with the sausage next go-round: thanks for the intel.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky