SV NY Strip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Spatchbob

Original poster
Jun 18, 2020
I tried posting this last night from my phone but it kept giving me errors. Hopefully it works from pc.

2" thick NY Strips seasoned with s&p, butter, rosemary & thyme from the garden.
IMG_20200621_134515264.jpg

131° for 2 hours
IMG_20200621_203701_831.jpg

Sear the meat. In hindsight, I see why people suggest a bigger torch, searing in a cast iron would have been faster than with bernzomatic torch. Of course, that makes a bigger mess and isn't as fun. So yeah, I guess I need a flamethrower now.
IMG_20200621_203701_833.jpg

Served over mushroom risotto with sweet potatoes. Washed it down with a brandy old fashioned sour because that's what we drink in Wisconsin.
IMG_20200621_170554577~2.jpg

Looks awesome Spatch and nice sear even though it took a bit! I use a weed burner when I sear mine, much quicker and less mess.

Beautiful looking stake!Nicely done. BTW, this is almost exactly my way to cook NY steaks - 2" thick, 131F for 3 hours, some butter, rozmarine goes on stake before vac packing it (I add salt right after SV is finished) and before searing... Benzomatic torch works for me so far... Sometimes I use cast iron pan - works also.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky