Strip steaks . Cast iron / oven finish .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man , that looks good, Rich!!
Thanks Dan . Starting to like them like this the best .
We've never been fans of strip steaks but I've never gotten a whole loin and cut it up myself.
I'll check GFS when I'm out tomorrow...
I never was either . These were really marbled up nice . Tender and great flavor .
I was in there today . They had them at $6.99 a lb.
What's with the vacuum treatment?
Just something I do . Instead of just using a plastic bag . That was a gift from my Daughter a few years ago . It makes a difference in my opinion . Puts the flavor in the meat .
Nailed it Rich and that crust .....
Great cook !
Thanks Keith . Appreciate that .

Oh hell yeah! As you know I love this method.
So My next favorite way is in a cast iron skillet , then finished in the oven .
Not sure if it my 2nd choice or not, might be my 1st - the results are always great. Pan heated until the smoke alarm goes off!
The fresh herbs at arms reach are so handy .
You know this is legal in VA since last July.
4 plants per household....

Man Rich those look excellent!! I think cast iron / oven yields a great steak and you proved it. Love that pan, nice and smooth like mine. I’d love to find a few more like that.

Reactions: chopsaw
Oh hell yeah! As you know I love this method.
Yes I do . I'm doing it more and more .
Thanks for the comment .
Not sure if it my 2nd choice or not, might be my 1st - the results are always great
I'm with ya on that . You're right . Even a bit past is still fantastic .
Man Rich those look excellent!! I think cast iron / oven yields a great steak and you proved it.
Jeff , I appreciate that .
. Love that pan, nice and smooth like mine. I’d love to find a few more like that.
I love it too . Nice and lite . Smooth as glass .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky