Spinning A 25# Rib Roast On The Santa Maria (Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
1TeK.gif

I bet this was you afterwards.

Holy cow man that looks outstanding. Love seeing that SM in action and what better way than Rib roast? Killed it buddy big LIKE!

BTW the gravy for those mashed potatoes looks to be the real star of the show. Great color and the execution was on point. Simply stunning.

Oh man Robert that is a meal....Just love the spinning prime! You earned the showcase the flaming way (lol)!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
That looks fantastic. That rare beef is a thing of beauty. I'd love to throw a few Yorkshire puddings in there to go with that.
I am also intrigued by (OK, kinda jealous of) your barbecue set up. It looks superb and a lot of fun to use.:emoji_thumbsup:

Looks Awesome, Robert!!!
I'm sure the flavor you get from doing it that way makes up for not being able to get the inside done without getting the outside a little more done than we like.
Looks Beautiful !!
Nice Plate Too!!
Like.

Bear

Holy cow Robert, that roast is absolutely gorgeous, and the picture of it spinning over an open fire is just money!

Thanks so much Joe. I love it when time comes to get the fire going but I never get tired of seeing the meat sitting there like that on the rotisserie. It's therapy for me

Looks excellent Robert! WOW is all I can say.

Very much appreciate it Mike. Was more work than anticipated but well worth it.

I'd be more then willing to make the trip to Texas and back for a plate of that Rib Roast Robert. Beautiful Job.

Well come on down Chris!! I'd be honored to roll out the red carpet and fire up the cookers for ya. I can promise a nice place to stay and a good meal but that's about it. you're on your own for the rest :emoji_wink:

Robert

Fantastic job on that roast, Robert. And the side--especially the asparagus--look really good.

Thanks so much Gary. I came up with the crazy idea for the asparagus last Christmas and it turned out to be a HUGE hit. Kind of off-the-wall and unconventional but it's really good, especially when cooked on the grill as I did.

That is one good looking meal there Robert!

Thank you Al!! Appreciate the accolades.

YEAP! Great looking meal!

Thank ya thank ya!!

Robert

As always a fantastic job and a great meal. Look at the Pa fall gathering we did some mountain type spinning.

Thank you Warren. I did see the spinner at the PA gathering. Creative and resourceful for sure!! Looked like the food coming off of it was pretty darned good too.

WOW! Robert that is one fine lookin' meal my friend....

Wish I was there.

Very much appreciate it John and we wish you had been here also. If/when you decide to pay us a visit though, you best not be flying solo. Bring that lovely bride of yours too. She's a hoot to hang out with I bet based on her posts.

BTW the gravy for those mashed potatoes looks to be the real star of the show.

You aren't wrong John. I've gotten pretty adept at gravy making and love it being the star of the meal. Gravy is as American as cheddar cheese and apple pie. It should be shown the proper respect and highlighted in as many meals as possible. Making good gravy is an art form and I'm loving all the variations for different themed meals.

Robert

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
.Just love the spinning prime! You earned the showcase the flaming way (lol)!

I guess that's one way to look at it :emoji_laughing: I never tire of seeing that meal hanging there above the fire, spinning, and watching the flames dance under it.

I am also intrigued by (OK, kinda jealous of) your barbecue set up. It looks superb and a lot of fun to use.:emoji_thumbsup:

Thank you. It is an interesting and fun cooker, no doubt. I'm very fortunate to have a supportive wife that loves the food as much as I do (she just eats a lot less of it) so with her support the purse strings loosen considerably. I'm blessed to have a pretty nice arsenal of cookers and this one is just a ton of fun to cook on.

Looks Awesome, Robert!!!
I'm sure the flavor you get from doing it that way makes up for not being able to get the inside done without getting the outside a little more done than we like.

Very much appreciate it Bear. Coming from the undisputed king of prime rib, I take that as a very high compliment. You're right, the flavor was certainly worth the take-away of not getting the edge to edge pink.

Robert

Great BIG hunk of beef. We pretty much got Buffet service all the time. Of courde Bev and I go first!...JJ

Unreal! Seriously, this looks great. The shot with the somewhat rendered fat with the crust around it from being near the fire set it way over the top for me. Looks awesome!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky