Smoking a 3# Corned Beef flat for sandwich meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I had plans to use my slicer to cut the pastrami very thin, got to thinking I'd rather have some for supper. I was running 165 on the SV so kicked it up to 203 or so, I had smoked it for about 11 hours before I put into the SV , I think it would fall apart if sliced thin. It turned out great but going to SV then smoke next time, also don't forget to soak 24 hrs changing water 3-4 times. I plan on 165 as the highest I reach the next time then after the SV and a shorter smoke will chill and slice. hoping for a tender yet stay together sandwich meat. Don't forget to soak the salt out of it lol,

Reactions: Polka
What ever you decide give some thought to retaining moisture. I’ve been experimenting with smaller cuts of meat, there is only two of us, and that has been my biggest challenge

What I smoked was a small point a little over 3lbs, it is very moist , a flat may turn out a little different depending on fat left on it,

Really?? I'd go that high for lunchmeat?
I think you are on the right track but not 100% certain. I think you want low temps for lunch meat that will be sliced. I am fairly certain "pro" lunch meat is cooked low temp and looong time for pasteurization HOWEVER I am not sure "pro" corned beef/pastrami is actually made from brisket.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky