A happy short rib accident

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Short rib are / were my favorite beef with a bone in it until I tried OX tail in the last 6 months, it has now tied for first with the short ribs.
such a beefy flavour , I have done many short ribs
I always use my oxtail for broth, I might have to try cooking some up now that you've said that.

I know you qualified that with "bone-in", but for cut with a beefy flavour, my hands down choice is tongue. For bone-in, I also really like blade steaks.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I always use my oxtail for broth, I might have to try cooking some up now that you've said that.

I know you qualified that with "bone-in", but for cut with a beefy flavour, my hands down choice is tongue. For bone-in, I also really like blade steaks.

I can say I think I have never tried Beef or any other animal Tongue, When younger was invited to girlfriends house with her family to have supper , They served Beef tongue, it was on the table not skinned and I was totally grossed out, And I guess i did not make a good first impression, lol

I really love the Ox tail , and I will be doing this more often with many different profiles . So that means lots of good meals
Here is mine that I did for a throwdown from before .

David

Reactions: Culinary Otter
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky